Thread: Microchip vent

Microchip vent

Ok so I got Layla Avid microchipped on Halloween day. Sent the registration to PETtrac in right away early in Nov. 2006. All this time thinking everything's fine. Today I receive a confirmation letter from PETtrac to confirm all information is correct. They had my phone number right, thank goodness. I gave them hubbys work phone and it was one number off. Ok maybe they thought the 7 was a 9 (although I print very carefully on important forms)My vet number had the wrong area code and exchange.
    Ok Layla's not been lost, let's just call the 800 number and straighten this out. Then I'm informed that because the account is in my hubbys name they can't talk to me. So as calmly, but clearly pissed I told her "this is MY dog, I had her microchipped and paid for it, I only put my hubbys name on it as I always put both names so 'this' wouldn't happen, and you tell me you can't talk to me?
    Then she managed to find my name on the application. She corrected the phone numbers and emailed me a copy with the correct info and BOTH of our names on it.
    The moral to this vent is ... please everyone, make sure they have your info correct.
    Thanks for reading. Oh and actually all four of our furkids are 'both' of ours.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

that is totally insane! people these days. I am glad you got it all cleared up though.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

It's so silly, if you can tell all your details then it really shouldn't matter.

I remember years ago a man who we knew died and his wife needed to cancel the internet from the house and they refused to do it because she was female and wasnt the dead man talking..despite telling her hes recently died..

Thanks, I just mailed in Lacey's this morning, so I'll be sure to check on it.

The change over for Sugar last December went smoothly, thank goodness.

Not sure why you are only NOW receiving the confirmation letter!! That in itself is worth acomplaint I should think!

Well, I thought I should have got something in the mail shortly after I mailed the application. So I called them. They had received it and I never thought about them screwing up the info. Next time I have a pet microchipped, I'll know better.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I'm glad to hear you got that all worked out.

This reminds me of the Rabies Quarantine Order I got from the health district yesterday.
    I filled out all the info at the hospital the day of the bite and I know my writing wasn't that bad. It had Ben as his name instead of Bon, Bulldog as the breed instead of mastiff and even had my last name as Adams
    The only thing that was right was my address and his color....sometimes!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets