Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 16 year old student marries 40 year old

Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004
    Yes....I know what your saying Mike, and I do agree with you to a certain extent. However I'm still of the opinion that we just can't lump all 16 year olds into the same immature bucket, I guess I don't look at things in a generalised sort of a way.
    Wom

Not exactly generalizing, well yes, maybe I am....I just think 16 is way too young in this day and age. Again, not that I am condemning them for doing wrong. Just think that life still has a lot to offer kids of that age today. And education is so much more important today than it was a century ago. But I do wish them happiness and hope it does last.

Quote Originally Posted by mike001
    Not exactly generalizing, well yes, maybe I am....I just think 16 is way too young in this day and age. Again, not that I am condemning them for doing wrong. Just think that life still has a lot to offer kids of that age today. And education is so much more important today than it was a century ago. But I do wish them happiness and hope it does last.

But who's to say she can't get her education or won't? Marriage does not prevent one from travelling, experiencing life, or getting an education.

I know plenty of married couples who decided to further their education after they were married.

Who is to say that if she hadn't married him that she would have went to college or even finished highschool.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19
    But who's to say she can't get her education or won't? Marriage does not prevent one from travelling, experiencing life, or getting an education.

I know plenty of married couples who decided to further their education after they were married.

Who is to say that if she hadn't married him that she would have went to college or even finished highschool.
    I've just one word for you Sparksy........DISHES !!!! Dishes need to be washed, and therefore she will have no time for holidays and school etc etc.
    Please consider things like this before you go making broad sweeping statements.
    Oh dear !!!! What am I to do with you ??? WHAT ?????
    Wom

Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004
    I've just one word for you Sparksy........DISHES !!!! Dishes need to be washed, and therefore she will have no time for holidays and school etc etc.
    Please consider things like this before you go making broad sweeping statements.
    Oh dear !!!! What am I to do with you ??? WHAT ?????
    Wom

LOL well then she should make less dish intensive meals

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19
    LOL well then she should make less dish intensive meals
    Yeah....good idea. Take-away....that the trick....eh ????
    Wom

Its been almost 2 months since they got married.I wonder how the marriage is going.I just dont see them lasting a year cause shes still a adolesent 16 yr old girl no matter how mature she & her husband think she is.It was actually quite common in the 1800,s for young teen girls ( some as young as 13 ) to marry & have children for much older men.Especially in the wild wild west.I do hope the best for them though.

Quote Originally Posted by james
    legal age in new jersey is 16.the teen girl has known her coach since she was 14.the police cant prove they were having sex,etc ... so they cant do anything.in america the divorce rate is over 50% so hopefully this marriage works out.its 2007 not 1907.16 yr olds are not babies and many of them are quite mature.its their business what they do with their lives,not ours.i shall send the newlyweds a congradulations e-mail.the girl is a cutie as well.i wonder if she she has a twin sister..hmmmmmm maybe a summer trip to nj is in order.i have family near hackensack.
    This makes me feel sick. She is a 16 year old GIRL, and I am shocked that you would make this statement.

UPDATE with pic
    http://www.starnewsonline.com/articl...708160446/1004

Also from the article - it wasn't just the parents trying to stop this:

Wuchae resigned from his job as teacher and coach for Brunswick County Schools on June 18, the same day he married Windy. After also dealing with its own share of negative publicity, the county school system revealed it had given Wuchae a choice to resign or be fired after he disobeyed a directive to stay away from Windy.
    http://wral.com/news/state/story/171...omments_page=2

What, besides the following, could the parents have done? I am interested in this because several posters have said the parents didn't do enough.

“We have tried everything. We have contacted every agency – the Oak Island police department, the sheriff’s department, the school system. We couldn’t get a temporary restraining order against him. The school board wasn’t going to help or wasn’t going to tell us anything,” Betty said. “This man was not going to stay away from our child and she wasn’t going to stay away from him.”
    Betty Hager, Wendy's mom
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

What ??? They won't allow her to have her Baby Beanie collection ????
    And her playstation to ?????
    Now what is she supposed to do with her time ?????
    Geez......nasty parents !!!!!
    Wom

"I'm Back !!"