Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11 Year Old Killed by Bear

Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004
    OMG........the stomach contents of the bear confirmed it ???? The bear ate the kid ????? Your kidding !!!!!! Bears eat people ????????????????
    Wom
    yep....they sure do.utah has had a dry spell this year so food is low.the bears get quite hungry & will eat just about anything edible & that includes human flesh.i sure hope the boy died quickly but i doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by james
    yep....they sure do.utah has had a dry spell this year so food is low.the bears get quite hungry & will eat just about anything edible & that includes human flesh.i sure hope the boy died quickly but i doubt it.
    Yeah, but it was a black bear. I've heard of grizzlies eating people.....but I thought black bears werre much smaller and sort of harmless.
    Wom

when a wild animal is hungry they will pretty much eat anything.may the boy RIP.

I feel sorry for the boy and his family, but, it's a tragedy that humans encroach on wildlife's habitat and don't have enough respect for it to clean up after themselves which allows things like this to happen. It's not the bear's fault. He/she was working instinctively. He/she was protected his/her food source.

When I was in high school we went camping in MT and found out that we were staying in a motel for the night before we took off hiking the next day. At camp the following day they told us that 2 people had been killed in that campsite 2 nights before. They were told exactly where they shouldn't camp, and that's where they plopped their tent. Hmmmm...and they say animals are brainless.

I truly feel for the boy and the suffering that I'm sure he endured...how horribly frightening and painful. RIP

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!