Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The sirrahved clan adds another member!

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"

The sirrahved clan adds another member!

Hello everyone! We're staying at sirrahbed's house right now, and they've had a "garden cat" visiting their house for the past two weeks. She's declawed and has been wandering the neighborhood. We asked around all at all of the neighbors and no one knows where she came from or who she belonged to. So... SHE'S COMING HOME WITH ME! We're so excited. So, now what you're wating for... pictures!

We've tentatively decided on Hazelnut, but anyone else have a food themed name suggestion?

Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!

She is gorgeous!!

food themed names - Tootsie Roll, Ginger Snap?

She looks delicious... how about Mary See (of See's Candies)?

Or maybe a spice name: Cinnamon, Cardamom, Fenugreek, Coriander...

Liz
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

Quote Originally Posted by sirrahved
    We've tentatively decided on Hazelnut
    This is not a bad choice either. Lisa from Arizona had a Hazel a few years back. She was a lovely cat, just like this gal is.

Aww, she's adorable!! How bout sticking with the M theme? Marmalade (not sure if I spelled that right) or Molasses. I got those becuase of her brown coloring. I know those are the greatest names, but they just popped into my head. I love thinking of names, so I will try to think of some more M food names that would suit her (looks at least).
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Hi, Hazelnut! Welcome to Pet Talk! You are BEAUTIFUL!

Edit: Hi, Gingersnap! (To Gingersnap's Mom - I think I like Gingersnap better than Hazelnut.)
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Yes, she is a beauty isn't she? As of this moment, they are calling her Gingersnap but this changes every few minutes I was thinking "Sweetpea" since she came from our garden Lilac? Columbine? Peony? Forsythia? Petunia?

We have her set up in a cage with food, water, litter and a hammock hanging from the top. I just looked in at her and she was "upstairs" in the hammock. She is a purr machine and a talker.

When we returned from Texas two weeks ago, she was waiting on our front porch and has been living out under our lilac bush. So, I am feeling like she came to the right place since Devon (sirrahved) and Jason were due to visit and leave for their first church call in Nebraska next Sunday.

So, as of tomorrow morning, she will go *POOF*.

Aww she is adorable! And I really like the name Hazelnut, everytime I said it in my head it seemed more and more to suite her I'm so glad you saved this beautiful kitty

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

She's BEEEEEEEAUTIFUL!!!!! I'm so glad you're making her a part of your family. She's one very lucky cat!!

I like the name Ginger.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Silly name, Nutella, but I thought of hazelnuts and chocolate, and instantly thought of that yummy stuff in a jar that I'm allergic to!

Or you can call her Marzipan. Ever have a Mozart ball??? They have marzipan and pistachio filling and dark chocolate on the outside??
    http://www.mozartkugelnchocolateballs.com/
    I'm so in the candy mood today!

She is so lovely and declawed? She use to belong to somebody at some point... wonder if she was dumped.... or just didn't like it at home anymore? Lucky she picked the siirrah household to hang out at, that shows she is also SMART!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

She's beautiful. I like Hazelnut, Ginger, and even Mochalatte, or some variant. Cinnamon?

Her coloring reminds me of Rocky Road ice cream.

Anyway, it never ceases to amaze me that cats find their way to friendly homes. Are they telepathic or do they mark the place as cat-friendly? Perhaps pheromones left by our critters that we cannot smell?

Do dogs do the same?

Anyone read the The Cat Who... series?

Anne
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

ohhh Congratulations!! I'm so glad that no one knew where she came from She is beautiful I love the name Hazelnut!
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    She's beautiful! I like Hazelnut as she has a slightly mischievous look in her eye - the "nut" part and her fur is the color of Hazelnuts

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Yes, I suspect she must have been dumped or abandoned - though nobody has recently moved from this neighborhood. She is declawed on all four paws and sweet as she can be. She has not once hissed or growled - just begs for affection and purrs. She loves to have her belly rubbed and when hubby and I have been sitting out on our porch, she jumps into our laps or sprawls out next to our rocking chairs. Her fur is shiny soft and she appears healthy. So somebody must have loved her. Sirrahved is taking her to the vet tomorrow to be scanned for a microchip and then checked for FeLk.

She devoured food as soon as we put it out. I had not fed her previously because I was thinking she was another visiting kitty as we often have here. She is a sweetheart that is for sure. I bet she will make a purrfect companion for Marshmallow. Oh yes and she does not seem to be at all afraid of dogs so she has been around them before. That is a plus since she will have two border collie siblings

Do ya'll consider her a calico? We started talking about this since we just assumed she was calico and female. We just took a peek at her backside and it appears to be girly. The fur is not really orange or maybe appears darker because it is mixed in with all the black.