Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pharlap

Pharlap

you are one of the most georegous dogs i have ever seen. i saw your picture and lost my breath! and boy you sure seem like a lucky little fellow. i'm so happy i got to see your picture!

Pharlap, you sure are handsome. You look as if you have a bit of blue heeler in your ancestry. I'm interested in how you got your name. Phar Lap was the name of a famous australian racehorse. Only the spelling is slightly different.
    I'm glad that such a good-looking dog with the name of a famous racehorse has become Dog of the Day.

[This message has been edited by Angels3 (edited June 13, 2001).]

Pharlap, I too am interested in your name as it is so unusual. And you sweet pup have an angel who has guided you to the most wonderful family. I am so happy you settled into your rightful home so you can be all the dog that you were meant to me, one glorious, lovable, kind, and smart fellow. Congratulations on the top honor of being DOG OF THE DAY.

You probably are going to be a big boy if you're already 75 pounds! If you have 3 big breeds in you, that's not a surprise! You almost look like you are part Elkhound.

------------------
    Becky Weise & Iris - the German Shepherd

http://www.geocities.com/iris_gsd

[This message has been edited by ShepherdLover (edited June 13, 2001).]

Pharlap you are beautiful and look so sweet. I absolutely adore you and your story! Congratulations ! It sounds like you have a wonderful family and were very lucky they found you.

------------------

What a happy story!! Congtats. on being dog of the day! You are very pretty.

Pharlap, it was fate that brought you to your happy family that day!! How lucky for you. Congrats on Dog of the Day, Big Guy!

------------------

I love happy endings!!
    Pharlap, you were sort of drifting around for a while, there, huh? I'll bet your family is sure glad they stopped for that burger! You are one good-looking pup...and you love kitties! Me too!
    Hope you enjoy your day, sweet Pharlap! You deserve it!

Pharlap, you are such a cute boy! I bet your owners are very proud of you. Congrats on being chosen Dog of the Day!!

Pharlap, you have the face of an angel! What a handsome boy you are! And what love in those gorgeous eyes!! I'm thrilled you found such wonderful folk to bunk with!! Talk about hitching a ride!! And I doubt it was just coincidence that they "just happened" to have their pet carrier with them! Ah, yes! God works in mysterious ways! Congratulations beautiful, sweet Pharlap! Our very deserving, very beautiful Dog of the Day! Big, big hugs and sweet kisses to you Pharlap!

Pharlap, what a sweetie you are, it looks like you picked the right family for you, they love you so much, Congradulations on being the cutest, sweetest, most loved Dog of the Day.

------------------

As Pharlap's "Mama", I can, with authority, say that he indeed was named after the famous Aussie race horse Phar Lap, which was a slight misspelling of the aboriginal word for "lightning"...
    Thank you everyone for your kind words about my beautiful baby. I actually submitted that photo of him 4 months ago, so he is now 11 months old and over 90lbs....and in a scraggly summer stage of coat blowing. But beautiful nonetheless.

Originally posted by Angels3:
    Pharlap, you sure are handsome. You look as if you have a bit of blue heeler in your ancestry. I'm interested in how you got your name. Phar Lap was the name of a famous australian racehorse. Only the spelling is slightly different.
    I'm glad that such a good-looking dog with the name of a famous racehorse has become Dog of the Day.

------------------
    -Erin

Here are a few more recent pictures of Pharlap...well, if I coded this right, anyway.

------------------
    -Erin

[This message has been edited by Ewoodward (edited June 13, 2001).]

Lets try this again...just go to this link: http://www.geocities.com/woodwardszoo/PharlapPics.html (hope this works)

Originally posted by Ewoodward:
    Here are a few more recent pictures of Pharlap...well, if I coded this right, anyway.[/QUOTE]

------------------
    -Erin

[This message has been edited by Karen (edited June 14, 2001).]

oh my Im speachless! Pharlap there are not words on this earth to express how beautiful you are! Im simply in LOVE! When i saw your picture i yelled to my mom to come see. I was simply amazed with your beauty!