Thread: Dog peeing on couch

Dog peeing on couch

hi all! So I happen to let my dogs sit on the furniture....specifically the couch. lately my dog princess has been peeing on the couch! its an incontenence (spelling?!) problem more than a marking problem or a poor house training situation. I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem like this and what they do to help protect the couch. I like having her next to me and i dont want to have to keep her off. does anyone know of rubber cushion covers or anything? or is this a situation where i might just have to kick her off the furniture?

Do you think she is doing this because of Lucy being in the house? Or did she do it before Lucy got there?
    If it is associated with Lucy, you might just want to keep her off the couch for the summer until Lucy leaves.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

If your dog's problem is incontinance, you might try some doggie pants or some places call them diapers. They're not as bad as they sound. My old dog wears them They are blue jeans with a pad and they work great. I have two and if one is soiled I switch while the other is washed and dried. Here are some:

http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...ions&N=2023689

I bought mine at PetSmart and Petco. The brand I like the best is Simple Solutions.

If you truly think incontinance is causing it, I would take her for a vet visit. They have very good medications that usually solve the problem completely.
    Jan and 7 yo collie Bailey, CGC,TDIAOV

How to Love Your Dog
    http://loveyourdog.com

Therapy Dogs.Net
    http://therapydogs.net

Bailey at Dog of the Day
    Cody at Dog of the Day

hmmm. maybe i should schedule a visit to the vet....i thought maybe she was in a marking war with the cat, but then the day i posted she peed on the couch when she got startled. If it comes down to it, i'll make her wear a diaper...but if i have to put those on her, I might as well toss on a sweater and booties just to make her look extra cute