Thread: Gracie

Gracie

I don't know if I ever told any of you about Gracie our great dane? If I did I can't remember... Anyway, we've been having to keep her chained up for the last 2 months out in the back yard because if we let her off the chain she would kill our ducks. She actually killed one a year ago today and the duck she killed was extremely special and was like a pet, so it was really upsetting and hard to deal with forever! Anyway, after it happened we let my dad have her who lives in an apartment...she stayed with him I'd say close to a year, but we hated her having to stay --I mean she was taken care of and got pet and fed and was well cared for, but big dogs & apartments just don't mix too well so about 2-3 months ago we went and got her and brought her home and since then we've had to keep her chained. I feel terrible, but if we didn't she would kill the other ducks and our cats.
    She almost caught one of the cats a few nights ago wehn one came into the back yard where she is at. The cat didn't see her and walked near her and when Gracie saw it she took off after the cat, but luckily our cat, Storm, was able to jump the fence and get away!!!!
    We love Gracie so much--we've had her 2 years, but we can't keep her and risk her killing another pet. So, we've been asking our friends and telling the poeple at the vets. to ask around for us to see if we could find her a loving home.
    Well, my mom's good friend works at our vet. we carry our dogs to and my mom's friend knew a guy that just lost his great dane from old age and he was looking for another one and he preferred a grown one. So, she gave my mom his ## and she called and talked to this guy and he sounded perfect for Gracie! He sounded like he really wanted her! My mom's friend said he was a really sweet guy and would really take great care of her!!! So, tomorrow he's supposed to come by and see her---he said he's sure he wants her, but we told him that if he comes and gets her and things don't work out that we want him to bring her back. He has another dog american bulldog mixed with ???? and so I'm hoping Gracie will be ok and the other dog will get along nice with Gracie. I know she's gonna be extremely neervous because she's always been a nervous dog and didn't really adjust as fast as some dogs to new situations, so I am praying that she'll be ok and feel safe and really be happy.
    We are planning on following him to his house (he lives about 45 min. away) and we wanted to go and watch Gracie for a while and see how she does with his dog and see where she'll be living.
    We've been trying to find her a home for quite some time now and just couldn't find the right people. So hopefully this is what we were looking for and everything will work out for the best for Gracie!
    I wanted to know if you guys can say a prayer for us for everything to work out for the best for Gracie and she'll feel safe and secure at her new home. We would definitely appreciate it so very much
    Well it's getting late so I'm gonna go...
    Here see if this picture works of gracie that I'm sending....

This one is when she was younger =)

*Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

I don't know if anyone saw this or not, but wanted to let you know everything went fine. At first Gracie barked at him when he came, but then after a little while she settled down and seemed more calm. He stayed about an hour tlaking and she would get between him and my mom & I kinda like she was trying to protect us I really miss her but I think it was for the best. She is a great dog; he said he's going to keep her inside most of the time which made me happy since Gracie loves to come in the house!!

When he got home he called us and said at first Gracie was afraid of his other dog, but after about 30 min. she started playing with it and he said they were out in the yard running and playing, so I'm ahppy about that. We only want the best for her and I think she's going to be just fine

I'll talk to ya'll later.

Genny
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Well i'm glad Gracie has found a new home! I hope she's enjoying herself.

Glad to hear things went well!

Just today on another board we were discussing the importance of home checks, references, and WRITTEN adoption agreements. (Only two sad stories got swapped, but the point hit home. Sadly one of those stories were mine.)

I'll keep her in my prayers that things continue to go well for her.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Thankyou Sammy, and thankyou crow noir for your prayers

Gracie is a beautiful dog. I'm glad she seems to like her new home
    and hope she gets along fine. Chaining her all the time were she was
    would make her a very unhappy dog.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Thanks lizbud,
    I know; chaining her wasn't the best thing for her, so I knew that's why we had to find her a new home. We talked to the guy yesterday and he said she was playing with his dog and getting alone fine with it. He said she wasnt eating a lot, but that she was drinking a lot of water. I think she'll starte getting used to the new place soon, but if she don't wel'll have to bring her back or do something...so if you guys will say a prayer for her if you don't mind....thanks and I'll talk to you all later )

I think it's wonderful that you love Gracie so much that you only want the best situation for her. I will also be praying that Gracie starts to feel more
    at home there very soon.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt