Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hates baths but loves water?

I've never sprayed her with the hose or spray bottle or anything like that. She also hates the hair dryer but will come out and bark at the mower or weed whacker. I'm going to try giving her treats before and during the bath process as she always gets one after. What's kind of funny about it, is once she's out of the tub and been towel dried, she's bouncing and smiling like we're going to the park.

Go figure.

Both of my dogs (a golden retriever and an english cocker spaniel) do this (though the cocker may be copying the golden as she does with most things). Temperature doesn't really matter--they rush into the ocean (northwest, very cold), lakes, streams, but HATE getting their bath. The golden will break through the ice on lakes or streams and lay in the water...

Of course, the cocker also, although she WILL BE IN any body of water, large or small, in the vicinity, hates to go outside to potty if it is even sprinkling (which is a bit of a problem as it rains alot here...).

I think part of it is they don't like getting water in their faces. Or, they just like being in control...

Jake's mom

funniest thing

I think that is one of the funniest thiongs i've read on here. O and by the way my dog does it all the time always has and always will.
    Justin and the pups.

Baths

My dogs have to be dragged to the tub, but they love the kiddy pool outback so I moved it to the closet post filled it up and attached the lead.. they run to it and enjoy every minute of a bath .
    My sisters dog live in the stand up shower, everytime she goes to the restroom their laying inside.. bath time is real ez for her.