Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two kittens and a mouse... or is it a rat!

Two kittens and a mouse... or is it a rat!

Some of you may remember the stray kitty I posted about some time ago. Yes, she has kittens - two of them. I saw them for the first time yesterday late afternoon, down at the building site. The mom was laying on a piece of plank and they were suckling. In my opinion, they must be at least a month old. They look healthy and are very playful.

I called my neighbor around the corner and we both took some food and water down for them. Today, I talked with the girl in the yard who does the gardening and all sorts of odd things - she has 3 cats herself. She said, it shouldn't be difficult to find homes for the kittens, and agreed with me that the mom should be sterilized.

When I mentioned the cat to her some months ago, she wasn't very keen on calling "Kattens Værn"* as she was afraid the kitty would be put to sleep.

* An organizasion who trap, neuter, vaccinate and ear mark stray cats, and put them back - provided someone will sign a paper that they will be feeding them for the rest of their life. To have them do that, you need a requisition from the owner of the building and pay DKR, 100,-

I haven't seem the mom or kittens all day today, my neighbor and I have just been down to look for them - no luck. I think she's in the other yards as well, and someone there may feed them too.

Here's a few pictures.

Checking us out.

No danger, it seems, so down with the grub.

Seems the mom had caught a mouse for them to play with.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I also got them on video... not sure you all can view them, you need QuickTime.
    Attached Files Attached Files

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Awwww grey tabbies!!! Did you name them, Randi?
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I just love how mommacat looks....so protective and vigiliant of her babies!

I guess they were all out of catnip mouses where she shops!

They sure are cute! It would be nice if you could find homes for all three.
    RIP 03-05-07 Ellie

Awwww.... what beautiful babies they are!! I would say they are more like 2-3months. Maybe even older depending on size cats they are. My Cow who is 4 months is about that big, and chunky is bigger. I hope you can catch them and tame them a bit and find homes. Deffinately get mom spayed too.
    Emily with Snow, Cowgirl, and Chunky

The babies are adorable, and that mama cat! She is STUNNING!! What a gorgeous girl she is!

That is a lovely family! Those babies are adoreable! Oooo, I WISH!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Now, here's a mystery... I took some pics of the mom 14th April on the scaffold outside my window, so these kittens could be 2 months old at the most - unless she gave birth before they were taken, but I doubt it.

She does look a little big in the third picture in the thread, but do you think she was about to give birth?

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...light=building

I do wonder how old they are now, and where she hid them for so long!

The Great Thing Is That They Are Getting Regular Meals And The Momma Cats Knows Your Scent From The Dishes And Will Recognize You Hopefully When You Try To Catch Her And Her Babies!!
    You Are Doing A Great Job With That Momma Cat And Little Ones.
    God Bless You For Caring.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

AWWWWWW those babies are adorable and to me, they look about 3 months old. Mama looks like the female version of my Poppy.

I hope that you are able to trap them all and find good homes for them.
    Also, mama has cleaned herself up very well.

Good luck with these 3 Randi.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Aww I love those kittens. That looks like a rat and a really really big mouse. lol
    Happiness is the little things in life.

For a moment I thought the mom was Lorraine's Poppy. What a beautiful cat and adorable kittens.

I just looked at your other thread and yes, she did look a little big in the last pic. Maybe she had given birth recently. When I first saw the stray momma cat in my yard I thought she might be pregnant but she never got any bigger so I didn't worry but I soon discovered it was because she had already given birth when little Moxie kitten got stuck and started screaming her head off.

The momma kitty looks just like my little boy snoopy.... Hes not soo little anymore but he is a big baby............

The mother sure is gorgeous and the kittens are adorable. Is the mother friendly at all or is she feral? It sure would be nice if they all could find loving forever homes. Do you think that Fister would accept a kitten in his household?