Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drooling Cat?

Drooling Cat?

My kitten Maximus is just over 4 months old now, and we've noticed that he DROOLS a lot!

Only when he's happy, and receiving lots of love and attention. Sometimes it's to the point where it drips out of his mouth and on to us when he's on us!

Is this normal? Does anyone else's cat do this when happy? He's not foaming at the mouth or anything, and his teeth appear totally normal....he just drools!

Thank you Kay for the awesome siggy!!!

Scooter Bug has always drooled a lot. He's very healthy, just messy!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Mine do that when they are extreemly happy and I went to Mikes the other day and his big Klinger had my hand and arm dripping!!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Some of the cats that I had when I was younger and some of the cats that I have today drool. Honeybun has drooled since I got him, even more when he's hungry, lol. He also had practically no teeth, which I'm sure doesn't help

Hehe I've never heard of a cat drooling before...hehe that is funny...but I bet its cute and messy lol. They are just extra happy kitties who can't contain themselves

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

I Have Not Heard Of A Cat Drooling Either And The Only Time The Foud Cats Have Drooled It Is When They Are Ill.
    However If Your Kitten Drools At That Young Age It May Just Be That He Was Removed From The Momma Cat Too Soon.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Clover will sometimes drool, normally when seh's falling asleep on my lap and purring like a jet. It's amusing to watch, becuase during those times she actively tries to stay awake and swallow and lick her lips to keep herself from drooling, but she just sometimes gets so relaxed that she'll forget to swallow.
    Echo doesn't though, she just purrs, and sleeps.

But other than Clover, I never knew a kitty would drool unless they were sick

^Boyfriend^.....^Me!^...............^Clover^...... ........^Echo^

My family cat Doris has always drooled since she was a kitten. Always when she's done happy feet and was happy and content, she's 17 and she still does it when she purs and is really happy. I don't think it's anything to worry about. Only worry if he stops eating, then it could be a tooth problem, but sounds to me he's' just a happy camper bless

We have 6 cats, and they all drool when they are so happy they can't stand it

Like when they are getting lots of loving and cuddling.

Ok good, so maybe he's not just a weirdo

He eats fine, and acts fine - totally playful and rambunctious, so I wasn't so worried about health issues. He mostly does it when he's doing his "happy feet" kneading on one of us and purring.

If I drooled when I was happy, I wouldn't look as cute as he does....good thing he's adorable!

Drooling cat?

Quite honestly I've never heard about cats doing this. At first I wondered if, because of his age, he might be teething?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

My Andy has drooled all of his life and he is 11 years old now. If he is on my lap and I begin to pet him I'd better have a towel on my lap. At times I have thought of putting a bib on him. I have read many places where drooling is a sign of a very happy and contented kitty. Well Andy is one blissful boy. Trevor, on the other hand, has never drooled.

Cassie Cat drools sometimes. She has two purr-levels, soft and loud - and I think that when she's got the loud purr going, that's when she drools. I just kind of ignore it because I've seen her stools and some nasty hairballs, so a little drool doesn't bug me. I always laugh when she sneezes because she has such a dainty little sneeze. She gives me the "mom, don't laugh at me" look.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

My vet actually has said both times she has tried to examine him that she has had to struggle to listen to his heart because he simply will not stop purring while someone it holding him - he's like a motor boat!

Every time he purrs and jumps on our laps, he gets so happy that he just starts drooling, with this huge grin on his face, and squints his eyes shut all happy

I'm going to bring it up to our vet next time she sees him, just to make sure there isn't anything up with his mouth or anything, but I think he's totally fine, and just a "happy drooler"! I should mention that he was diagnosed with FIV after testing positive for it a couple of weeks ago - but we're hoping it's a false positive, and that he will test negative after he reaches 6 months of age.

I know FIV cats can have mouth/teeth problems, so I've been checking his mouth and teeth regularly, and they look fine, and he's been eating normally and chewing normally and stuff. He has a special place in his heart for wanting to chew on the vacuum power cord So, we've been carefully about unplugging everything that he can get to, and giving him appropriate stuff to chew! I feel like I'm dealing with a puppy all over again lol

He really does think he's one of the dogs. He gets mad when we let them out to play and don't let him out. He waits at the door for them to come back in so he can "play with them" some more, and while they are outside, he watches from the window and meows.

Today we bought him a harness and we're thinking about letting him outside with us on a leash in our yard while we hang out with the dogs out there. I think the harness is still a little too big though, and I don't want to chance him getting out of it, so we'll probably wait to do that until he's grown into it a bit, and it is snugger on him.

My RB Pepper used to jump up on my chest in the middle of the night and purr and knead me and then he'd start drooling all over me. If I tried to turn away he's jump over me so he was facing me. I just had to give in and let him get it over with so he could finally settle down and go to sleep. So far he's been my only drooler.