Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frontline VS K9 Advantix

Frontline VS K9 Advantix

Just wondering which one you all think is the better product? My vet just recently stopped carrying Revolution, which is what I have used on Noba for over a year now. If not Frontline or Advantix, any other thoughts on product choices? Thanks all.

I use Frontline PLUS on my 4. It's the only thing that will work here in Florida.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Take a look on this site, there's a discussion about Frontline versus Advantix.

http://reviews.ebay.com/Frontline-ve...00000001007084

I use Advantage for my cat, and he has never had one single flee.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I just applied Frontline plus to Frankie last night. I've never tried Advantix, but I have never had an issue with Frontline, so I haven't switched.

I've always used Advantage on the pups & the kitties. I'm happy with
    the results.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I have always used frontline plus on all of mine, and they have never had fleas since I started using it.

Thank you Kay for the awesome siggy!!!

I only bought a couple for Dasher and I can't remember which one it was. But it doesn't seem to work as well as the ones used before by the SPCA. The vet suggested I rotate the two. Does anyone do that? I just wish he could be on Revolution but they don't suggest that for dogs that have been through the heartworm treatment.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Advantix has the best commercials! But I use Frontline Plus for my two dogs. I use Revolution on my cat.

I've never tried Advantix, so I have nothing to compare to. But Frontline Plus has always been fine for my gang. No ticks and no fleas.

Logan

I've always used Advantage on DJ and Zoee. But then we needed something for ticks too. We got Advantix and used that. Then I heard Advantix was deadly to cats, so now we use Frontline. My brother uses it on his dogs too and it works great. My brother lives in a bad tick area.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

There is one reason while I will NEVER use Advantix..It's deadly to cats. You can't use it even if you have cats in the house. In my opinion it's not worth the risk. You would have to be so careful even if you didn't own cats to make sure your dog never came in contact with them after the flea meds had been administered.

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Right now, Hartz, for fleas ticks mosquitos and eggs. Hartz also has the chemical that can't be used on cats in most of its flea products. Our animals never get anything though. Not even a tick from camping.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I use K9A..and (howls MZ Klo) *There ain't no bugs on meee...there ain't no bugs one meeeee....*

I've been Boooo'd!

Quote Originally Posted by K9karen
    I use K9A..and (howls MZ Klo) *There ain't no bugs on meee...there ain't no bugs one meeeee....*

I LOVE that commercial. I walk around the house singing it sometimes. The furries think I'm bonkers.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

well i dont know about the Advantix being deadly to cats, seeing as i have a cat and i have used it since it first came out, with the recommendation of my vet, never once has bei-jing ever had any problems. I dont use it on her, i have only used it on the dogs, but she has never been sick or anything from it. I have tried frontline before and it just does not work as well as Advantix in my opinion. It keeps all of the fleas,ticks, and mosquitios away, Ginger when she was alive was extremely allergic to fleas and mosquitos and thankfully as long as she had it on her she never had any problems. I dont know what part of florida other people are in, but where I am, it works just fine.

Between Frontline and Advantage, I've heard of alot less problems with Advantage and Advantage is the only one that will take care of lice. I do live in a very high risk area for lice (fleas aren't too bad), but I don't like using chemicals on my dogs so I leave them as is...Haven't had any problems so far. Advantix I know nothing about but I am wary of all companies that do alot of advertising.
    I've been BOO'd!