Thread: Update on Blood in the stool

Update on Blood in the stool

My tortie Sabrina is still eating, mainly her moist food. Not soo much her kibbles like she use to. She still has soft stool with blood in it, it really stinks. She doen't cover up her stool anymore or when she does the pee. I don't know what is causing her stomach upset.

Can food allergy cause her to have blood in the stool? Stool should be formed.

Right now I'm feeding her Solid Gold, do you think that is causing her upset stomach? Maybe she needs to be fed high fiber diet.

I'm going to try her on Scientist Diet to see if that helps. They say that helps cats with diarrhea. I will see if that works.

Please reply and let me know. Thanks for your time.

You know what?... I just hopped online to see if anyone else was experiencing the same thing. I just noticed that my Iggy had blood in his stool, as well. I'm also looking for a little advice here...

Hi there...

Iggysdad, I remember your post on your beautiful Bengal boy the other day.

I haven't checked, but I think most advice was to take a stool sample in a wee baggie to your vet for analysis(do it when the vet is open, so it is fresh). That is based on my experience.

I also suggested you take the label or container of food so the vet can have a look at the ingredients.

Summary: TAKE A SAMPLE TO THE VET. It's usually something very treatable and inexpensive.

For both of you, here is the thread started by in_love_with_cats the other day, and all the answers given:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=128283
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I agree with Catty1. Take a sample to your vet. It may be a virus or something that is affecting her.

IMHO: Solid Gold is rich food. Rich food can cause upsets. My two females (RB) wouldn't eat it. And Science Diet is junk food labelled as good stuff with the corn ingredients being the junk part.

But, people here swear by SD, so if it works, use it.

Try Innova or Innova EVO. Also Pinnacle or Veterinarian's Formula, all of which can be bought in an independent animal feed store, not the vet's office.

Anne
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Thank you all very much!

I hope that both of your cats don't have anything serious and that they'll feel better soon.

My Starr was having chronic diarrhea and sometimes it would also have blood in it. After trying many different diets and meds, he's now on Innova Evo wet and dry and is doing very well. He has colitis and very bad food allergies and now I've also learned that his pancreas may also be affected. He's also on 5mg of pednisolone in the morning and 5mg of pepcid ac in the evening. He's only 2 years old and has been sick most of his life. He's now finally feeling like a cat again and has a lot of energy and wants to play again. Good luck