Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What breed do you have and what is it like?

What breed do you have and what is it like?

I have a great dane.well i really have 2 great danes. i have one that was suppost to be harlic but all of the black spots did not come out the only black he has on him is on his head. he is the loveble kind.he mostly sleeps whith me in the bed. his name is shae.i also have a black great dane.she is tottly black. she is mean to strangers .she is kinda shy.her name is shila.

Do you mean he is supposed to be a harliquen?(black and white)
    I have a greyhound, who has no mean bone in her body, and doesn't know a stranger. She is so sweet and even tempered, I couldn't imagine having different dog right now.
    She was just diagnosed with epilepsy and so that is our current road to cross. She makes me laugh b/c she goes and lays on my bed while I am on the computer and looks thru the bedroom door at me thru the headboard on my bed, she looks like she is in jail. She looks at me with those big brown eyes and my heart melts everyday for her.

------------------
    ~~"You do not own a dog, the dog owns you."~~
    (Anonymous)

I have an Australian shepherd. Very, I mean VERY, hyper dogs. Mine does not have a mean streak in his body. Well, he does have a glitch. When another dog growled at me and snapped at me Bandit (my Aussie) went BAZERK! he started grolwing and barking like crazy. At had to pull him down and literrally sit on top of him! He was just protecting his mommy. He's one of the most beautiful dogs I have ever seen (as said by many others) and is VERY smart.

------------------
    *Whoever said you couldn't buy love forgot about dogs.*

My St. Bernard is shy around strangers, but usually warms up to them after a while. There is only one person she just hates, but that is because he has teased her all of her life. But she is gonna get him one day. But for the most part, she is laid back and lazy. Which suits me just fine.

[This message has been edited by Dixie Belle (edited April 29, 2001).]

My Lab, Sadie, is really shy around strangers!! Ithink she was the runt of the litter, because she is kinda small for an adault Labrador!! Sadie is also VERY protective of our house and my family. Most dogs hate the mail man, but the mail man is one of Sadie's best friends!! She tries to go with him!!! I think Labs are ore one of the nicest and friendliest dogs in the world!! (not forgetting Goldens!!)

I have 2 Boxers. My female (Roxy) is really hyper. And my male (Rebel) is just laid back. Roxy is very dominant of her territory. Anyone besides me or my boyfriend she doesn't like. Rebel just lies around most of the day. He doesn't mind people except my uncle Georgre(he's a drunk)! They are really great dogs. Roxy is my little angel. I even have her tattooed on my back! They are both house trained and listen very well. They don't make any mess either(shedding, slobering, etc...)

I have a Maltesse. His name is Ruggy (you know rugmop/ruggy). He is my baby. He is very protective of his property which includes me. My parents can't get any where near half the time without him going crazy. He is a little yipper. But also very loveable at night he just likes to snuggle up next to me and never move. His theary is where she goes I go.

I have 2 Westies, and they are the best dogs in the world! Freddy is 8, overweight, and an all around good guy. TJ is 3, very skinny, and the bad boy of the block. They love each other very much.

I also have 2 Great Danes. 6mo boston-marked merle (m) and 2 1/2yo black (m). Our GDs are gentle, GREAT with kids (we have a 2 1/2yo and I have 4 enrolled in my in home daycare), loveable, give kisses all the time and are my babies!!!!!! Could use to do without the excess slobber (our 2 1/2yo thinks his nose has to be all the way in the water whenever he drinks ...LOTS of slobbers) ...but I love them none-the-less. Both GDs are very protective, our older one protects EVERYTHING!!!! Jennifer G.

Joe, Jennifer, Joseph, Master Dane & Sampson
    [email protected] www.geocities.com/jjgunsolus/MasterDane.html

http://photomail.photoworks.com/shar...59201934310905

Here are my babies. Both are rescues. The aussie mix is Graham and the pug is Cassie. Graham is almost 8 years old and Cassie is a bit over 8. Graham is my obedience genius, therapy dog, and soon to be titled agility dog. Cassie is an adorable (but stubborn) couch potato with a genuine loving heart.

Well I have a German Shepherd. Everything they've been tried on that I know of they've excelled at. They are very versatile. I love Iris as my agility, obedience, tracking and pet. If there is a cainine unit in your area, they've probably got a German Shepherd.

To find out more about German Shepherds and my dog Iris go to my web site: http://www.geocities.com/iris_gsd

------------------
    Becky Weise & Iris - the German Shepherd http://www.geocities.com/iris_gsd

[This message has been edited by ShepherdLover (edited May 21, 2001).]

I have a malamute/husky. Very fun loving, loves people, loves attention, hates to be ignored, loves getting into trouble Very active, wants to be involved in everything. LOVES food, will do anything for a treat! Also very stubborn, a dog that won't do anything he doesn' want to do, unless you (which is me) is the complete 100% alpha... the greatest dog I"ve even known! He is in agility, and loves it! (well, not those "stupid" weave poles (his words, not mine that have no purpose in his fun loving life!!!). He also loves carting, skiijoring on rollarblades, going on my trail rides, ect... anything active with me!

Also have a cocker mix, possibly with field spaniel. She is calmer, loves people, worships the ground I walk on type of dog. Very nervous in scary situations, terrified of wind and thunderstorms, loves her balls and strange squeeky toys (such as a rubber chicken and something I can only call the "sea urchin", which is her favorite!). She has to be right near me, wherever I go... Her hobbies include her toys, sniffing the ground, getting lost on trail rides (so she's not aloud to come anymore, I spend more time looking for her than anything, and then she goes and gets lost again!), and sleeping on the couch (Where she knows she's not aloud to be!) and walks.

Jessi

------------------
    Kodak Moment the malamute/husky, Keesha Marie the cocker/field spaniel?, Fuji Film the chow/aussie?, Secretariat and Grem Lynne the unrelated brown tabby and white DSH, Hollow and Sparky, father/daughter black DSH, Cheyenne Autumn my pride and joy TB, Matastar's Morning Star my Rocky Mountain horse colt, and the birds!

How could I have forgotten to meniton Fuji? Probably because she's really my b/f's dog, and doens' live with me... but I am the one who found her, and she is kind of mine... she is a chow mix, and as she grows (she's 7 months old) she seems that she may be mixed with aussie? She is calm around people, but loves to play with the golden retreiver pup she lives with. She is a lap dog, just wants to be pet... not too interested in toys, only when she's in the mood. When b/f gets a better work shedual she will be put in agility too!

------------------
    Kodak Moment the malamute/husky, Keesha Marie the cocker/field spaniel?, Fuji Film the chow/aussie?, Secretariat and Grem Lynne the unrelated brown tabby and white DSH, Hollow and Sparky, father/daughter black DSH, Cheyenne Autumn my pride and joy TB, Matastar's Morning Star my Rocky Mountain horse colt, and the birds!

I have 2 different breeds - 2 long hair chihuahuas and a flat-coated retriever.

This is a link with some of their pictures: http://www.geocities.com/youngcasano...estFriend.html

Tobi - our 3 year old long-hair chihuahua is a lot of fun. I bought him from a pet store when he was 7 months old. At first he was extremely withdrawn but after 2 weeks he came along and started getting playful. Now, he is the best. He is not your typical chihuahua in the sense that he's not yappy nor unfriendly to children. All the neighborhood children adore him and take him for a walk.

Lady - is my 1 year old flat-coated retriever. She was sent to me from God as her mother abandoned her in my garden at birth so I've had her from day 1. She really believes I'm her Mother and is very protective. At the same time she is extremely playful and learns commands very fast. I think this breed is super-intelligent and Lady is proof.

Buffy - this is my daughter's new long-hair chihuahua and she is amazing. We are having so much fun with her. Buffy is very alert and I can already tell she is a lot smarter than Tobi (but then again Tobi was locked up in a pet store for his first 7 months). Buffy is very very very playful and we are just so happy to have her.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.

Barbi

I Have A cocker Spanile and his name is P.J. and he is the best dog anyone could ever have.