Thread: Urgent need to find a home for two disabled cats

Urgent need to find a home for two disabled cats

I need some help for some animals, and it was suggested that I could post here. There are two cats at my house that are in need of a home. When we moved in a few months ago, they had been living in the woods behind the house because they were abandon by the previous owner. The first is named Jack. Jack is partially blind because he is missing one eye. He is a very friendly male cat. He is an inside/ outside cat, but we keep him mostly outside. He can hunt well and is very active. Jack is very protective of his sister, Sweetie. Sweetie is the one I am most concerned about. She is very sweet little thing. Sweetie showed up on our porch one day because she had been attacked. Her foot was infected very badly, and was not doing well. After having all the tests (for disease) come back clean, she had part of her foot amputated. She still has most of her foot, and is completely healed. She now stays inside most of the time because she is continuously being attacked by another male cat in the area (which we have not been able to catch). Both cats are very friendly, get along with other cats AND with dogs, can be inside or outside, are litter box trained, have collars, and have very good attitudes. Here's the problem, we are moving- and soon. We are moving in with an elderly couple that need full time care- and the cats can't go. We found out YESTERDAY that we are supposed to make the move by next week. So we need to find a home for these cats ASAP. I am willing to take them anywhere (within a reasonable distance) to someone's home or a shelter, and I will give the rest of the bag of food I have for them. If a home for them cannot be found, they will be left behind again. They come right when called and there would be no trouble catching them or moving them to a new home. We are located in Wilkesboro/ North Wilkesboro/ Moravian Falls area in North Carolina. I am willing to consider all options (except putting them down). If you are interested, know someone that is looking for a mature cat, know of a pet adoptions website, or know of a shelter or home, PLEASE let me know. Please email me ([email protected]) if you have any questions or suggestions. Thank you for your time, and thank you for your help.

Urgent need to find a home for two disable cats

First of all Welcome to Pet Talk & enjoy all the talks & pics..

Second of all so sad to hear about these two babies in such need for a home.. I sure wish I could help.. I am just too far away.. Good Luck wittle ones..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

If only I could I will take both Cats into the Found Paradise Cat Hotel.
    But all I can offer is Prayers that someone will see them and fall in love with them.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I posted your letter at two rescue groups in the area. If this were 6 weeks in the future, I could take them, but I actually can't do it now. I'll be gone for a bit and cannot travel with 4 cats, esp two new ones.

Anne
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

http://www.care2.com/c2c/group/adoptpets

http://content.petfinder.com/classif...sifiedHop.html
    You can't use any html there, but you can post links.

I wish i could take in Sweetie (I'd hate to seperate them though,) I miss my tiny orange female three 1/2 legged cat. (Seriously... We rescued her from a farm that was going to take her to the pound. They thought they got adopted from there there.)

You could also try Craigslist and Domestic sale but you probably won't find as many *ehem* quality owners.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

I've been in contact with Marie of SweetieJack. She can't take the cats with here because there is a dog that would terrorize them in the new location. Such a shame.

I am trying to help her place them. I will try the links others have placed above.

Anne
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Update

Hello,

I'm sorry for taking so long to respond. We are no longer searching for a home for Jack, as he has passed away. We do not know what happened.
    http://www.catster.com/cats/535252

Thank you for your help, Marie

RIP Jack :-(

Got your PM. I'd LOVE to in a heartbeat, but can't until Koli is adopted. It would be a death sentence to bring any cat home. Anyways we're in a bit of a financial spot right now and it would be COMPLETELY irresponsible to bring another pet into our home at the moment.

*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by SweetieJack
    Hello,

I'm sorry for taking so long to respond. We are no longer searching for a home for Jack, as he has passed away. We do not know what happened.
    http://www.catster.com/cats/535252

Thank you for your help, Marie

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Awe... Poor Jack! Hopefully all of the other cats will be kept inside from now on. It's such a dangerous place outside for kitties!

They have been kept inside. Sweetie has been inside since we found out she was preggo, and Piper comes inside every night, just like clockwork.
    Don't worry about finding a home for Sweetie. I won't be letting anyone else take her now that she has had her babies. After they are ready to go to their own homes, then we might consider letting her go. But as for right now, she is ours <3
    But I thank you for your help

Well, that's good to know that she has a good home

Would you still like me to cross post her to a local forum here in case anyone knows of a good furever home for her? (Most of the people on the board are directly involved with rescue.) (I doubt they will know of anyone since we're so far away and most of them are full up on pets... But i figured just in case.)

Quote Originally Posted by SweetieJack
    They have been kept inside. Sweetie has been inside since we found out she was preggo, and Piper comes inside every night, just like clockwork.
    Don't worry about finding a home for Sweetie. I won't be letting anyone else take her now that she has had her babies. After they are ready to go to their own homes, then we might consider letting her go. But as for right now, she is ours <3
    But I thank you for your help

Sure, thank you. It can't hurt!