Thread: When did your baby lose his umbilical cord?

When did your baby lose his umbilical cord?

How old were they? Kai still has his and he is already 2 weeks and 3 days old...

I've been keeping the stump clean and dry, no tub baths and I am very careful to not get it when when I am sponge bathing.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

My kids both took forever, I mean like 5 weeks and I kept them dry and did the alcohol thing.

I remember my mom would come over and the first thing she would say was "has that thing fallen off yet" it was such a pain at bathtime.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quinn's took almost 4 weeks. I had to bring her in twice to have it treated with silver nitrite at the pediatrician office. I did everything I was supposed to do, as well. I kept it dry, cleaned it thoroughly with alcohol, avoided getting it wet during her baths. It was a pain. I was so glad when it finally fell off at 4 weeks. Call Kai's ped to see if they want to treat it with silver nitrite. It doesn't hurt, but don't put any nice outfits on Kai when you take him because the silver nitrite will stain his clothes permanently. Make sure you keep him in a onesie that's not "special" for at least a few hours after his silver nitrite treatment.

Well he has his two week check up tomorrow so I will ask about it then. It's so frustrating as I want to give him a real bath and bring him into the shower with me. Dylan used to love taking a shower with me.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Nathan's fell off after only 5 days. Our pediatrician told us that some lose theirs after only days and some take weeks and weeks. He told us that he's seen them take close to 3 months to fall off before.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Mimi was just short of 6 weeks when hers fell off. She was covered in meconium when she was born, so the cord was supersaturated and just took forever to dry out.
    The complete Knit-wit and occasional domestic diva.

Going to a church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

WOW, I sure hope his doesn't take that long! I can't imagine having to wait 3 months to give my little guy a real bath. Though, obviously that's not the norm. I had to reschedule our appt. for tomorrow as I wasn't able to get everyone ready on time this morning. I never knew it would be so hard getting myself, and two boys ready to go to a doctors appt. I need practice lol.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major