Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elvis Has Left The Building

Elvis Has Left The Building

Most likely if you're a close friend of mine, you've met Elvis. Found scrounging around in a Taco Bell dumpster 10 years ago Elvis charmed his way into everybody's hearts that he met. This included people who were allergic to cats and those who weren't 'cat people'.

Always welcoming to new cats and dogs brought into the house, he'd let them know about chow time and show them where the crapper was. He was an equal opportunity cuddler, it didn't matter if you were a cat, a dog or a human with a lap. Famous for his 'sleeper hold' there were many an afternoon whiled away with Elvis napping on our laps.

A tough old cat, he survived being homeless on the mean streets of Lake City, seizures, skin cancer on his ear and a malformed palate. Three years ago Elvis was diagnosed with a brain tumor....they gave him three months to live. They weren't three perfect years but he never stopped purring and dishing out the love.

Last night Elvis stopped purring. We knew it was time. He was spoiled with a shrimp platter and a fillet of halibut and gracefully left our lives to enrichen those in his next life.

Long live the king, Elvis has left the building.

~Kat

What a sweet boy! RIP sweet Elvis.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

RIP Elvis. The king won't be forgotten.

I was not lucky enough to have met Elvis. But the story told above brought tears to my eyes.
    RIP Elvis
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

His body may be dead, but his soal lives on.

I am not a close friend and I haven't personally met Elvis, but I remember him well, and I'm so sorry to hear he was called to the RB.

I remember when he was diagnosed with the brain tumor and we all prayed for him. Appears our prayers worked because instead of 3 months you got 3 more years to honored by his presence.

He was always one of my PT favorites. How could you not love that snaggle puss face with the cropped ear. He looked like a rough old dude who lived a great life - not necessarily an easy life, but a great one.

RIP Elvis, you are truly the King.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

How blessed you were to have that lovely boy in your life. He will be missed by us too.
    Rest in peace, Elvis. You will not be forgotten.

Thank you everybody for your kind words.

Such a special old guy, I miss him tons.
    ~Kat

Unhappy

I Am Sure That We Have Corresponded And We Sent Elvis A Mouse Years Ago As I Am Sure That I Have A Photo Of Elvis Sitting In Front Of His Fire Place.
    I Hope Taht I Am Not Mistaking Dear Elvis With Another Cat, I Am So Easily Confused.
    He Was A Good Cat And Now Hes With Elvis Presley And Will Be The Elvis Official Cat And Be By His Side In Show Business Heaven.
    He Will Have Such Stories For His Dear Guardians About His Travels.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu
    I Am Sure That We Have Corresponded And We Sent Elvis A Mouse Years Ago As I Am Sure That I Have A Photo Of Elvis Sitting In Front Of His Fire Place.
    I Hope Taht I Am Not Mistaking Dear Elvis With Another Cat, I Am So Easily Confused.
    He Was A Good Cat And Now Hes With Elvis Presley And Will Be The Elvis Official Cat And Be By His Side In Show Business Heaven.
    He Will Have Such Stories For His Dear Guardians About His Travels.
    One Fine Day.
    Yes, Elvis was more than happy to send a picture along to you, years ago.

Thank you so much for your kind words.
    ~Kat

What a lucky boy to have such a wonderful family to love him for his whole life!

RIP Elvis, play hard at the bridge buddy.

Unhappy

Elvis sounded like quite the guy!!! A cat like that will be missed by you so much. Sleep softly, sweet Elvis...
    Nine is Fine!!

Dearest Elvis, I was one of your most adoring fans. I (along with your family and other friends) will miss you terribly. RIP dear boy, play long and hard at the bridge.

So sorry about your sweet Elvis. From the looks of that picture, you more than made up for any suffering he had endured before you found him. I'm sure he loved you as much as you loved him.
    RIP 03-05-07 Ellie

What a fine, beautiful guy. Rest in peace, dear Elvis.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery