Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Sherman #369 He is gone.

Oh, sweet Sherman, I hope you'll feel all better soon!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

How are you feeling handsome?
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Oh Shermie... you still are a Hunk!
    So glad to hear you're taking your medicine like a champ!
    Keep it up big guy!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Hey there buddy, glad to hear you felt good enough to give mommy a kiss today
    Sleep well and hopefully you'll be back to yourself in no time!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Aw, glad to hear that you are feeling a little better, Shermie. We are still sending out lots of healing vibes, handsome boy. {{{Hugs}}}

How Sherman feeling Pat?
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Just catching up on the news for Sheman, glad to see some pics and a bit of a smile. hang in there fella, mom has everything around to help you feel better.

Pat, has the vet given any idea how long recovery may take?

Good to see you're feeling a bit better Sherman.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Aw, poor Sherms. Hope you get better, poor boy! This pnemonia isn't effecting your handsomness.

Hope you feel good as new soon, Sherman! I know your Mom and the whitecoats are taking very good care of you. {{{HUGS}}}, and a big kiss on the nose!
    RIP 03-05-07 Ellie

dear sherman, i had pee-moan-nee-ya a looong time ago. i was tired for a looong time too, and slept alot. my humom gave me lumpy turkey as well. if your humom wants to, she can bark at my humom about this wags, alex the wonder dog
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Hi everyone, thanks for asking. I haven't been on PT as much lately, so just now seeing your posts.

He seems to have a good day then one that's not so good. But we think it's breaking up, he coughed a lot yesterday. He's lost a lot of strength, kind of wobbly on his feet, and has obviously lost weight. He's tripped and tumbled a couple times. I think it's a combo of being groggy & weak, and being in a new place he doesn't know his way around as well yet, I think with his vision problems, he just doesn't see the steps & things sometimes.

I have to convince him to eat, though. I've given up on dry food for now. Tonight he ate some chicken and some ground beef (which he would only eat out of my hand, not out of the bowl). He will take treats if they are slathered with peanut butter. I've been wraping his pills with lunchmeat, but he's started refusing those too. I hate to pry his mouth open, but I have to make sure he takes his meds.

But he' s a little more active in the evenings. He looks more alert, and we've walked short distances a few times. (like 1x around the house). I just brushed him, he seemed to really like that. He mostly stays in the kitchen on his blanket, in the kennel in the garage (I think he likes the cement pad, it stays cool) or goes into the living room & lays on Star's blanket. She watches him, but lets him go wherever he wants.

The vet didn't say how long it would take to recover, he goes back in for a check-up x-ray next Friday. Keep paws crossed for a good report!
    Last edited by cyber-sibes; 07-01-2007 at 06:11 AM.

Awwwe, poor Shermie. I was hoping you'd have a miracle and be better already.

I know when i had p-monia even going out the back door and around to the front to get the mail was almost too much and I'd have to go right back to bed after that. (It drove me insane staying so inactive, but it's what helped me get better faster (than the previous time i had pmonia.) Going out to get the mail was the one luxury of "freedom" that i allowed myself... and i didn't even do that every day.)

I'm sorry but the protective side of me was throwing up little red flags at the walking around for tiny walks bit. Maybe it's different for doggies. I'm hoping it is. I was like "Mister, tell your mum to keep you in bed and only let you out use go potty."

I realllllly hope the vet has good news for you Sherman and c-s!!! *hugs* and *scritchies*

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Aw, Sherman, everyone here and on PT is praying for you.

Pat, maybe you can switch and wrap the meds in peanut butter. Make a little ball with the pill inside.

Quote Originally Posted by crow_noir
    I'm sorry but the protective side of me was throwing up little red flags at the walking around for tiny walks bit.
    The short walks are the vets suggestion. He said it'll help clear it out if he can get moving a bit. Makes sense - the lymph system "pumps" through the action of our muscles. That's why even bed-ridden patients benefit from range of motion exercises. The walks are very short, just once around the house, or in front of the next two houses & back. I just follow as he sniffs along the grass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    wrap the meds in peanut butter. Make a little ball with the pill inside.
    Yeah, I ws doing that until he quit eating them. I'll probably have to go back & forth between the meat & pb to keep him interested.

Thanks for the prayers, he still needs them.