Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Sherman #369 He is gone.

I suppose it's just going to take some time. Overall, he's more active than he was, but he's still pretty out of it. He did eat a little last night. I've been steaming him in the bathroom & doing coupage. We can hear it starting to break up, but the poor guy gets coughing really hard & can't stop. Been giving him honey on bread, and a dose of pediatric cough syrup last night because he couldn't stop coughing bloody mucus. (sorry, I know it sounds gross). I got a vaorizer and vicks-type medicine, and set him up in the laundry room this morning. It must have felt good, he fell asleep in there for over two hours. Star has been so good, letting him lie down wherever he wants (he's gone in her space a few times), not bugging him at all.

He went back out into the garage now. I tried to get him to look at me, but this was it. Thanks for asking, I hope to do a more upbeat post soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

poor baby boy...... you must be so tired........ enjoy your rest handsome..... you´ll be out of it soon....... healing woos and rooos from the south......

I can´t help but feel the urge to go hug him so bad...... please deliver a hug from me.... we wuv you Shermie!!
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Oh Pat, please give hugs to Shermie from me!!
    I hope he's feeling better soon!!

Oh that picture of him looks so sad Cheer up big guy... those icky meds will have you feeling better soon!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Oh I'm sorrry I missed the latest update

Shermie boy, your going to be in my thoughts and prayers that you get over this nasty stuff soon.

Pat could you please give him (and of course Star) big hugs and kisses from me...please.

Much love to you all.
    (((Hugs)))

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

You poor boy, Sherman I'm sorry you're sick, handsome boy. I hope you get that nasty stuff out of you soon

Sending healing vibes to you from Texas, Sherman.

I'm glad he is so comfy with the vaporizer...sleep and breathing the nice air, that will help.

Get well soon, Shermie! You'll be happier in a couple of days. HUGS!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh poor Sherman! You poor thing.

Hopefully all the tender loving care and well wishes will get you better soon!

Pneumonia is no fun! I'm so glad to be over it finally. Make sure when you get to feeling better to take it easy for at least an extra week. That P-monia is SNEAKY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cyber-sibes
    I suppose it's just going to take some time. Overall, he's more active than he was, but he's still pretty out of it. He did eat a little last night. I've been steaming him in the bathroom & doing coupage. We can hear it starting to break up, but the poor guy gets coughing really hard & can't stop. Been giving him honey on bread, and a dose of pediatric cough syrup last night because he couldn't stop coughing bloody mucus. (sorry, I know it sounds gross). I got a vaorizer and vicks-type medicine, and set him up in the laundry room this morning. It must have felt good, he fell asleep in there for over two hours. Star has been so good, letting him lie down wherever he wants (he's gone in her space a few times), not bugging him at all.

He went back out into the garage now. I tried to get him to look at me, but this was it. Thanks for asking, I hope to do a more upbeat post soon

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

How's our little man feeling today? Better I hope

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Oh! Poor Shermie! I was just reading through this whole thread, and the poor boy hasn't caught a break!

Had a question about Doxy and dogs... my vets won't use doxy at all in cats because it is so harsh on their stomachs. Does it not have the same effect on dogs??

Glad the vaporizer is making him feel better... I get bronchitis a lot, and my one cat used to get really bad URIs (he was FIV+) and we'd both sit in the room with the vaporizer going!

Feel better Sherman! Thoughts and prayers coming to you (and your family).

Woos everybody. I'm not feeling very well, I got this yucky stuff in my lungs. All I wanna do is sleep.....

My hu-mom gives me lots of turkey, but I think there's something wrapped up in there. It helps me feel better. She made me my own sauna room, and it helps me breathe better. She tells me about the good wishes you all send to me, and gives me hugs from eberyone, and that makes me smile.

Thanks for asking about me, I hope I can send you a picture of me all better soon.
    woos, - Sherman
    Last edited by cyber-sibes; 06-27-2007 at 11:06 PM.

Aww Sherms, you're still as handsome as ever. We hope you feel lots better soon, being sick is no fun. ((Hugs)) from the Hoodlums.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Hey Sherman, thank you for the update. You're looking a bit more chipper today. At least sitting up and all. Glad your sauna is helping! I know frequent showers help me feel better when i have nasty colds. All that wonderful steam you know loosening up that junk.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

I just had to post - I got a good morning kiss from my boy this morning for the first time since he's been so sick! Yay! He even cleaned himself up a bit, now he's gone back to sleep.
    Last edited by cyber-sibes; 06-28-2007 at 09:15 AM.

Aww Shermie, I'm so glad you were well enough to send us woos & a
    little smile. We are all thinking about you sweetie. Hope you start to
    feel even better soon.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Awww Sherman, it's good to see you smiling. And giving mommy kisses!!! I'm glad you are starting to feel better.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)