Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Sherman #369 He is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by cyber-sibes
    Yeah, I ws doing that until he quit eating them. I'll probably have to go back & forth between the meat & pb to keep him interested.

Thanks for the prayers, he still needs them.

I get good results with a 1/2 slice of Velvetta cheese. It's nice & soft
    and molds easily around any pill or capsule. Still going full steam on the
    prayers that Sherman gets stronger every day. ((Hugs))
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Tell my peanut butter pal I'm keeping him in my prayers. Hugs to all of you - even Star if she'll permit!

Poor Shermie! That pneumonia can really kick anyone's butt. It's a nasty thing to deal with. Hope he continues to make progress and get better and better every day! {{{Hugs}}} to Shermie, as well as to you and Star.

Hey, I'm not going to argue with doctor's orders. *does the hands to the side of the head in the "don't shoot me" pose*

Too bad he couldn't be getting daily chest thumping massages to help loosen the gunk too. (I was talking to S.O. about Sherman's' pneumonia and he said that he might be learning how to do that in his training for respiratory therapy. He's a long ways away from that though... he's just now taking his first medical class.)

Could you get the pill slightly moist and roll it in parmesan cheese?

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

I've done the chest-thumping massages on pneumonia doggies, it's no fun, but they do seem to feel better afterwards.

Poor Sherm, this sounds like NO FUN! I hope you feel better very soon!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Poor Sherman, I hope he gets feeling better soon! Eat your food (no, there's no pills inside, really ) buddy!

Pat I know how hard it is to give the pills when they decide they want to stop taking all the good treats I hope you keep coming up with new ways and don't have to end up pilling him.

Hey there Shermie boy,
    I'm glad you have been getting out a bit and I do hope that you start feeling better soon. I'm sure Star is missing her play buddy.
    (((HUGS))) to you sweetie!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Hey, those are some great suggestions, I'll try the parmesan cheese next time. He took a pb ball this morning. I tried wrapping velveta-type cheese around it, no go. But that did remind me about what I used to get Star to take her pills a hile back - cheese in a can! (Meeska the husky calls it "Crack-Whiz" for dogs) They couldn't get enough of it last summer!
    I'm still steaming him everyday. He really loves his little sauna, he'll sleep in there for a couple hours at a time. We "thump" him right after that, and a couple more times each day. I've also been massaging him. I think it's helping.

He certainly improved over the weekend, starting Sat. night- he was getting up & around a bit, had his ears up, watched us. Still refusing most food - even scrambled eggs. Chicken is about the only thing he seems to want to eat. So I'm cooking for him. LOL, anyone who knows Serman knows he must be sick if he's refusing any kind of food!
    I'll be happy when he starts coming over to sit so nicely, waiting for a tidbit again.

Sherman, sweetie! I am so happy to read that you're doing better. Hugs all around.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Sherman, glad you are feeling better. Pneumonia can really hang on, but you are getting the bestest care and love and home-cookin'!

Ear scritchies to you! Keep on truckin'!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Poor Poor Shermie!
    My RB Toby was a stinker when it came to taking pills. If she heard the pill bottle rattle she'd run out the door.

We used the treats, peanut butter, lunch meat, cheese.. all that stuff.

What worked great was to take something she loved (like a piece of pancake) and make a little slit in the side, stuff the pill in it and use peanut butter to seal it up. What made it even easier was that if you threw it to her she'd CHOMP it out of the airand swallow it hole. (sneaky humans)

Shermie... dis is Sierra here. Mom seyz you still have gunk in your lungs. I'm so sorry to hear the luv of my life is still not feeling well.
    How 'bout I come to da house be a live in nurse till you feel better!!
    Feel better soon!
    Your's fur-ever... Sierra.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Great news. I am so happy to hear Shermie is acting much better.

Pat, I forgot all about the canned cheese spritz thingy.It's good he likes
    that too. Since I pill Maggie twice a day now, I hope she never gets tired
    of the velvetta. BTW, I now have two cats that are hooked on the stuff
    and beg for a bit of cheese every time I take it out of the fridge.

Big hugs Sherman & sister Star too.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I hope Sherman continues to improve. You take your meds like a good boy Sherm!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Quote Originally Posted by pitc9
    Shermie... dis is Sierra here. Mom seyz you still have gunk in your lungs. I'm so sorry to hear the luv of my life is still not feeling well. How 'bout I come to da house be a live in nurse till you feel better!!
    Feel better soon!
    Your's fur-ever... Sierra.
    Aw, Sierra, you are da bestest! But I would feel even worse if you came over and I accidentally coughed on you & you got sick too. You DON'T want this. But it sure would be nice to have you to snuggle up to, you gorgeous girl! I promise I'll get better as fast as I can.
    Slurppy kisses, your Shermie-poo.

Now look at that, he's feeling well enough to use the computer!

hey sherm, glad to hear you're doing better. i make my humom cook for me too sometimes. bark at ya later! wags, alex the wonder dog
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.