Thread: Cat urine removal ?

Cat urine removal ?

I don't really know which section to put this in, so behavior gets it.

In their battle for dominance and their hatred for one another, my cats have peed on my luggage. Is there anything we can do to remove the horrible smell? Apparently it happened awhile ago, and we didn't know. The luggage has been at the very back of our walk in closet and we didn't know because all that is back there is the luggage.

Any suggestions? Anything we can spray it with, set it outside in the AZ sun for awhile, anything?

Thanks,
    Crystal

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Vinegar!! When my cat sprayed all over our laundry (clean and dirty) the only thing that took the smell out was throwing a cup or two of vinegar in with the wash. Took it right out!! Perhaps you can distill it in a spray bottle and spray it liberally then set it outside to dry.

facebook

Thanks, my hubby just wants to throw it all away. But, I'm being thrifty (can't afford to toss it!) and trying to salvage it.

I'll try the vinegar.

Crystal

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016

I've used Nok-Out and have had excellent results! Good luck.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I swear by Outright's Simple Solution Cat Urine and Spray. I bought mine through DrFosterSmith.com. I keep a gallon on hand at all times. ($16 a gallon, item #9B2434 or $6 a quart, item # 9B8167)

A friend used it on her new boots for cat pee and was pleased with the results. I've used it in my fireplace, on rugs, and on car seats. They guarantee it works first time, every time. I don't think I'd go that far, but it really works for me. I've been using it for several years and have yet to be disappointed.

Urine Gone has worked great for me. It's an enzyme that you spray on and soak the affected area with it. Then take a damp cloth and clean it, soak it again and clean it again. It's great. No odor remains and no stain either.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

This is the stuff I use...
    VetSolutions Carpet Stain & Odor Eliminator

It's fairly inexpensive and not only does it totally remove urine/poo odors, but also does a fantastic job on stains. I've not only used it for the kitty vomit stains but it also removed both mustard and blood from my light color berber carpeting!

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika
    Vinegar!! When my cat sprayed all over our laundry (clean and dirty) the only thing that took the smell out was throwing a cup or two of vinegar in with the wash. Took it right out!! Perhaps you can distill it in a spray bottle and spray it liberally then set it outside to dry.
    Which kind? Cider or distilled? We've had an awful time w/urine from both our kids and fosters.

I had a bottle of distilled vinegar, it helped while doing laundry. Problem is - I can't find it anywhere at the stores! Where are you guys finding it to buy?

I've been using just the plain white vinegar that you can buy at the grocery store. I tried using some baking soda and this seemed to help tooor you can also try using the kind with carpet deodorizer. I also have the simple solution spray but it won't work the first time. Folex spray may also work and it's sold at many different stores like Target and OSH. Good luck.

I have used the Urine Gone, and it did work. But I am now using Petastic, and I find it does a better job. And it takes out stains too.

Opps forgot to mention you can also use vinegar and baking soda and a small amount of detergent dish soap like dawn. It is pretty cheap to make up a bottle, gets every odor out, and even stains. I think the mixture is half a spray bottle full of vinegar, two teaspoons of baking soda, and one teaspoon of dish soap. It is a lot cheaper then getting petastic, but I like the ease of use that petastic give me. It's up to you though. God bless and good luck.