Thread: OK this has waited long enough!

OK this has waited long enough!

well a couple of days a go i got a HAMSTER! she is so tiny and cute i was going to pick a full black one but then i noticed the black ones were fighting my lil syberian girl so i thought "Yup, thats the one i want!" so a day before i got her i was talking to somebody and ran down to the bedroom and said
    "Mom can i have a hamster plz plz plz!" (OMG I SO LOVE MY MUM) as soon as i asked she said OK but only if we can have one from the petstore (the hollybush) it is a garden center but has a pet shop in it and i said "OK" but first she text her friend and asked her if she still had one of her hamster cages and she did so i have had one of them it is a little small so i asked for one for my birthday (in about 2 weeks) pics will be on soon!

Haha congrats on being able to get a hamster I can't wait to see the pics, hamsters are so cute!

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Well that was a little confusing... but my understanding is that you already have a siberian? and you got a new one? And are going to be keeping them in separate cages? If so, then good for you. I don't recommend keeping two hamsters together in a cage unless they were raised together. Especially pet store hammies... all those kids banging on the glass and stressing them out...

Congrats though getting a new pet is always fun

facebook

Depends what pet store- our one speaks to you about a hamster first then decides whether or not you will be a good owner then lets you see them with there supervison. They are great! When we went in to buy new hamster's cage and discuss what hamsters they were getting in etc they were telling us how they rejected a woman earlier who they thought was not responsible enough to own a hamster! I love that shop
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes

i just got one hamster but her cage is real tiny sooooo im might be getting one for my birthday (most definately) if not i will save up and get one pics will be on tonight

whisk_luva your petstore is great! i love the fact that they dont just let anybody have one (somebody in the paper a while ago bought loads of hamsters one by one and fed them to his dog! and the petstore never said anything one man said "i suspected something but couldnt be bothered to say anything i only work here for money i dont even like animals!")

Quote Originally Posted by Whisk_Luva
    Depends what pet store- our one speaks to you about a hamster first then decides whether or not you will be a good owner then lets you see them with there supervison. They are great! When we went in to buy new hamster's cage and discuss what hamsters they were getting in etc they were telling us how they rejected a woman earlier who they thought was not responsible enough to own a hamster! I love that shop
    When I worked at PetCo I had the right to deny the sale of an animal to any customer if I did not feel the animal would receive adequate care or be treated properly, etc. And it was totally at my discretion. Usually though if I ever wanted to deal with that, I would get a manager and they would deny the sale but still I thought it was really cool.

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika
    When I worked at PetCo I had the right to deny the sale of an animal to any customer if I did not feel the animal would receive adequate care or be treated properly, etc. And it was totally at my discretion. Usually though if I ever wanted to deal with that, I would get a manager and they would deny the sale but still I thought it was really cool.
    Same with Petsmart, just dont buy a hamster from one huge petsmart because i bought one and it died the next day. The manager said it died because of extreme stress.

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie
    Same with Petsmart, just dont buy a hamster from one huge petsmart because i bought one and it died the next day. The manager said it died because of extreme stress.
    That is actually very possible. Hamsters can become very stressed when being bought. I actually recommended the hamster be handled as minimal as possible for the first week to help him transition into his new home and environment, because (especially children) are much more prone to be bit because the hamster can freak out.

facebook