Thread: Harley

Harley

What a coincidence! We PetTalkers were just mentioning breeds you don't often see, and there was mention of a NSDTR..and Bingo! hereeees.... Harley! What a supremely handsome boy! So glad you are Dog of the Day! You will make a wonderful Therapy Dog and tell your humans to keep us updated! I love your ears and paws and sweet, happy face! I hope you get lots of extra tennis ball tosses today along with extra treats, hugs and kisses!

That's what I thought of as well. I had never even heard of this breed before it was brought up on the board and of course then I started wondering about it. I didn't take the time to look it up and no I don't have to because handsome Harley is here to answer my question. If the breed is anything like Harley himself, it' a winner. What a dog!!!
    I wish I could join him in a game of ball. Thanks pretty dog for being one outstanding Dog of the Day.

tell me please, does my dog Buddy (Dog of the Day on August 31st) look like a long haired version of a Toller? When I first got him from the shelter, that's what I thought he was. Curious for your opinions.

Harley, what a handsome dog you are. I have never seen a Toller before and this is a treat to get to meet you. Congradulations on becoming the Best Dog of the Day. I'm sure your family will give you extra treats on this wonderful occasion.

Harley! What a gorgeous dog-I'm actually getting pangs to visit Nova Scotia, just from looking at your lovely photo.

Hey, bizdevguy, I see what you mean-the lighting in Buddy's picture makes it hard to tell if he has that telltale red hue that Tollers have, but if it's opinions you're looking for, I'd buy that as an explanation. Great picture with the ivy, by the way.

Originally posted by bizdevguy:
    tell me please, does my dog Buddy (Dog of the Day on August 31st) look like a long haired version of a Toller? When I first got him from the shelter, that's what I thought he was. Curious for your opinions.
    I would say that he probaly has it in him somewhere. Or even some Elk Hound

Originally posted by bizdevguy:
    I think you had it right with the Border Collie mix. Buddy definitely has the "look" of a Border Collie especially in his head and face and the color of a golden.

I too was so intrigued learning about your breed Harley, recently here on Pet Talk. Your breed is even more beautiful than I imagined! I just adore retrievers, and now I can add the likes of you to my favorites! Your human describes you perfectly...Sweet, handsome and happy! You certainly have started life off the right paw! What a special young fellow you are! I congratulate you on all that you have accomplished in your young life. I am CERTAIN that one day soon you will become certified as a therapy dog, heaping love and comfort upon all, wherever you go. You are a real gem, sweet Harley! You are everything anyone could hope for in a dog. And today, we honor as OUR Dog of the Day! Big hugs to precious Harley!

Awww jeesh... You are all making me blush. And, that is hard to do for a RED DOG!

Thanks everyone for bein' so nice. If you want to see more Tollers, check out the USA club's website: http://www.nsdtrc-usa.org
    or http://www.toller.org

Now, I am gettin' off this here 'puter so my human will throw some tennis balls for me!

Harley