Thread: Help!

Help!

Okay so yes, I'm new but I have a very important ?.
    My kitty is fairly new to the family and he was in the house when we first got him and has been recently let out and he comes in and out now. He came in this time and he was acting very odd.
    He walks funny, like with his back stuck up and it looks as if his tailbone may be broken, the way he acts when you touch it, he meows loudly. He is just the sweetest kitty. But now if you touch him there he is very irratable and tries to scratch.
    Does he need to go to the vet? Has anyone had this problem? Anything I can do here and now to ease his pain?
    Thanks! Any help is very appreciated!

How old is he? How long has this been going on? If it is still like that tomorrow, a quick vet trip is in order.

Thanks.

He's not that old, actually we haven't had him over a month. My neice rescued him from some abusive owners that he had. And he probably isn't over 2 or 3 would be my best guess. It's been going on since last night and today it's only gotten worse with his pain and not letting anyone near him. I think just out of fear of someone picking him up.

I would definitely take the cat to the Vet as soon as you can. Definitely sounds like something is wrong.

This is one of the reasons why I do not let my cats outside, too many ways for them to get hurt.
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Okay. Thanks for the fast feedback. Definitely will keep him in from now on! He loves to climb trees and of course once he gets up he can't down. I'm guessing he may have got in one while I was out yesterday and got hurt coming out.

Take him to a vet as soon as possible. Good luck!
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

Yes, get him to the vet, especially since you said he came from an abusive home, the sooner the better.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

He's definitely going to the vet today!
    I'm really nervous, I didn't realize it at the time, but he hasn't used the bathroom since I noticed he was hurt.
    He's going later today, I'm really praying that everything goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by fallingstar0413
    He's definitely going to the vet today!
    I'm really nervous, I didn't realize it at the time, but he hasn't used the bathroom since I noticed he was hurt.
    He's going later today, I'm really praying that everything goes well.

Let us know how things went at the vet. I hope everything works out just fine.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Things actually went well, the vet said that he had a bruised tailbone which made it look so big. He said that this discomfort may be slowing down the digestive tract and he doesn't really want to use the restroom because of the pain. He gave him some medicine to ease the pain. And said he'd be fine.

Oh, poor boy. Yes, that'll do it, alright. When my Peeka had to have her tail amputated due to abuse from some boys, my vet was concerned about cutting too far down the tail because she wouldn't be able to use the litterbox. So I can see why your vet said that. Well, prayers and positive energy being sent to you both.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Well I am happy that she will be fine, and it wasnt something more serious. Get well soon Kitty!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!