Thread: Who Am I?

Who Am I?

My friends call me D- please do. I am a a dog nut. I am also a huge Springsteen fan, an avid reader and an artist.

Wahoo was my Alaskan Malamute. We lost him to bloat three years ago, I use his name as a tribute. He was a once-in-a-lifetime dog. I still miss him. Anyway, that's why the username.

Currently we have a Mal named Dodge. He is a handful. Actually more my DH's buddy. I am just "The Mom".

I am considering a Cocker Spaniel. Looking to relearn lots of breed information, thinking of a companion for fun competition. Conformation, maybe obedience, rally and agility or some combination.

I have years of hands on professional kennel experience- working for professional handlers, breeders and an AKC judge, as well as managing a boarding and training facility. Have been away from it for over 10 years but I still have the passion.

I appreciate all breeds. Malamutes and cockers happen to be my favorites. I love cats, though I cannot own one.

I'm looking forward to meeting some great people with fresh perspectives!

Welcome Wahoo!! You will love it here!

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Welcome Wahoo! You will love it here. Dont be afraid of posting pics of your Dog. we love pics here!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Thanks! Looks like a great place and a nice bunch of people!

Welcome to PT!!!

Can't wait to learn more about you and your dog...and possible new addition

My name is Ashley and I am owned by the pack of "Hoodlums", A Rottie, 3 Jack Russell Terrors and a Labby boy. Who can all be seen in my sig.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Still poking around- just trying to get my bearings here. That is quite a pack of hoodlums in your sig. What a combination! Thanks for the welcome!

By the way- I am smitten by Lady. What a sweet face. She must've been a treasure to know. Maggie- I love your St. Bernard baby. Again, a soulful expression. It is an amazing thing to love a dog, a blessing to have earned the love of one.

Welcome! Malamutes are beautiful dogs. I have a similar breed...two siberian huskies. I hope you enjoy Pet Talk!

Welcome to PT!

Is that a weimaraner in your avatar? Tell us about that dog, too! Must be special for you to put in there!

I just want to say welcome to PT. So far I've been enjoying your posts. You fit it so well i was almost surprised to see that you are a "newbie." I knew i never seen the screen name before, but i figured maybe you had just stuck around one of the sections i don't visit.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Welcome to PT Wahoo!
    I am owned by 2 rescued German Shepherds.

I adore northern breeds!
    My sister has a husky named Yukon and a friend of mine has 2 Mals, Chinook and Loki.

I look forward to see pictures!!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Ack- worked late yesterday so I'm playing catch up.

Thank again for the wonderful welcome. I lurked for a bit before registering and you look like the type of folks I enjoy. I hope this will turn into a long and happy friendship. Yes, I am nuts. Beware my warped sense of humor. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Freedom- I am flattered. You have an excellent eye. That IS a weim in my avatar. He is not real, he is a clay sculpture. I was commissioned some years ago to create a portrait of my patron's weim in bronze. My Wahoo oversaw it's creation.