Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: border collie question!

border collie question!

just a quick question how much do border collies cost to keep monthly (food etc) thanks in advance!

It depends on the age and what type of food you are buying- it also depends on if the dog has illnesses and allergies etc.
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes

hmmm thinking he was healthy he had a general food (pedigree wet/dry maybe both) thanks for the reply!

also epends on the age and build of the BC lol the breed is hardly uniform, I mean I have a 21" tall BC that is only 30lbs sopping wet, she eats about 1/3rd less then my other BC who is 18" tall and 30lbs lol. it also depends on age because young BCs are known for requiring a LOT of food, just to remain so thin people accuse you abuse lol. it depends entrly on the particular BCs build, size, weight, age, and energy level.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Pedigree is not a very high quality food. Loaded with fillers, ect. I feed my 3 Borders and 2 Aussies Chicken Soup for the Dog Lovers Soul and I don't need to feed them much, 1 cup twice daily. A large bag will last for about 2 weeks and costs about $35.00 a bag.

It will also depend on the energy level of your dog. Borders are typically high energy and will burn burn burn so the food intake may vary. All of my guys are med to high energy. During the winter they eat less because they get less exercise.

well my dog would probably go around a few big fields daily and maybe abpout 5 mile walks and swimming every 1 a week maybe at the least well if pedigree isnt a good food i wont feed that i probably wont get a dog anyways i really want one if i were to get a dog i would most likely have one off this litter www.britishclassiccarsltd.co.uk we are gonna go see them soon with there eyes open and the owner said i can go over every week!

im gonna go research some food!

Well as a pet talker I have to say this:

PLEASE get a shelter dog! As lots of pet talkers say:

Don't breed or buy when shelter dogs die

Or:

With a puppy you are giving a home, but with a shelter dog you are giving a life.

It doesnt look like those pups are shelter dogs.........

PLEASE get a shelter dog! You can get border collie puppies from shelters-- its not all older dogs!
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes

Oh my that mainly white pup is devine . Yes please research food, Border Collies in general and remember BCs need a job a bored Border is not a pleasant animal to live with .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Quote Originally Posted by Whisk_Luva
    Well as a pet talker I have to say this:

PLEASE get a shelter dog! As lots of pet talkers say:

Don't breed or buy when shelter dogs die

Or:

With a puppy you are giving a home, but with a shelter dog you are giving a life.

It doesnt look like those pups are shelter dogs.........

PLEASE get a shelter dog! You can get border collie puppies from shelters-- its not all older dogs!
    ROCK ON! LISTEN TO HIM!

HIM? HIM? HIM?

I am a girl!!!!!!! Ellie is a girls name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Akso note under my name- Whisk's MUMMY!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry about this- I had a science test and was worried etc... also tired.
    Last edited by Whisk_Luva; 05-31-2007 at 12:38 PM.
    -Ellie

Quote Originally Posted by Whisk_Luva
    HIM? HIM? HIM?

I am a girl!!!!!!! Ellie is a girls name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Akso note under my name- Whisk's MUMMY!
    No need to get angry, it was an honest mistake. "Reggie" was trying to back you up and be nice.

BC are wonderful dog's, but they are extremly active dog's! Make sure you are 100% sure you have the time and energy to keep up with one.

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

I know it just gets annoying when you answer peoples posts and they answer yours everyday and you quite obviosly have a girls name and 'mummy' underneath your name... *sorry* Reggie
    Last edited by Whisk_Luva; 05-27-2007 at 03:24 PM.
    -Ellie

OOPS, sorry. Im not good with names...

i would get a shelter dog but if these pups dont get sold in a certain amount of time they wil be sheleter dogs

But they WILL be sold. Everyone wants puppies
    -Ellie