Thread: Poor Jake!

Poor Jake!

I woke up Sunday morning to a lot of action going on under the bed . Addie usually sleeps down there, so I though she was playing. I leaned over the edge of the bed, to see what the problem was. It was quite a shock to Jake's big yellow fuzz of a head poking out from under the bed. It is not unusual for Jake to be found with his head buried under there, but he is quite a large dog, and he could never squeeze in past his shoulders. Addie is the lead dog, and Jake always wants to do what she is doing. I never realized to what extent, until yesterday.

Poor Jake, could not squeeze himself back out, however he had managed to squeeze in. We had to lift up the solid wood king size bed so he could crawl out. The situation was quite funny, but I couldn't help feeling sorry for the poor fuzzy guy that just wanted to do what his older sister was doing. I have yet to figure out how he got under the bed. I think I have a contortionist on my hands .

Pets are so much work, but so lovable and amusing at the same time .

Goodness Jake! What a silly boy you are.

I'm glad to hear he was okay after his little adventure.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

OUCH!

I have that same fear with my two skinny cats.....they can easily slip into a vase or urn....but the thoughts of seeing them wiggle their way out just horrifies me! So I keep all areas of danger covered or plugged up.

I bet poor Jake was more confused than pleased with himself! Maybe you could raise your bed a little?

Good luck!

Poor Jake I'm glad he is ok now
    "Careful what you say, careful what you wish or it may just regret it!"

He!He!He! Funny story, but poor Jake! Glad you got him from out of there safely!

Reggie does the same thing. Smokey is constantly under my parents bed. Reggie thinks he can fit under there too. Usually he can get himself out, but it's a bit of a struggle...he's got himself stuck a few times. I dont' know why he continues to go under there lol.

LOL JAKE!!!!
    I BET THAT POOR PUPPY WAS SCARED!! MOMMY TO THE RESCUE!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Glad he's ok now.

Jake is quite the character! The ordeal did not hurt him a bit, but he hasn't attempted to get under the bed since. Hopefully, he has learned something for the experience. Knowing Jake, he will do it again, when I'm least expecting it. I just hope someone else is home to help me lift the bed.

Originally posted by pupper-lover
    Knowing Jake, he will do it again, when I'm least expecting it. I just hope someone else is home to help me lift the bed.
    Best be prepared mom! Try getting a two by four the length of the bed and putting it there so he can't do it again. I did that for all our furniture so the puppies couldn't get under everything. Then you don't need to worry. As they got older it made it easier to get the balls that always roll under things. It makes it easier for me to reach about 8 inches instead of all the way back. The dogs can even paw it out if they get worked up enough.

Lovable they are, you are a silly-willy Jake, but that is just a part of you that makes you wonderful.