Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: :( :( :(

:( :( :(

Yesterday i came home from riding rhiszo and I found kitty hawk really lame. Today she is a bit better but i believe that the time is here for her. She lived a happy life with many accomplishments, along with being there when i was hurt the most, some days i came home from school crying because it was such a bad day and all i had to do to feel better is go and hug kitty hawk, than i use to spend hourse just in the pasture watching her graze. In between a week and a half and three weeks is when she'll be layed to rest (**Dependant on her legs, if they get worse, sooner**) Kalei and I are going to bath her and have her little photo shoot, I'm going to miss that mare so much for those of you who don't know her she is a 17year old half quarter horse half crabbet arabian gray mare. Its really hard to not think of how sad i'll be when she goes right now because i know that the time has come that she must move on and be peacefull and not suffering anymore. I thank you guys for supporting her as much as you did on PT, it means so much. Thank you so much. Kitty Hawk thanks you too.
    sincerely Becky and Kitty Hawk.

*~Becky~*

Bless her, she is beautiful. Enjoy your remaining time together
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Wow, I'm at work and barely able to hold my tears back right now. I can't believe are beloved Kittyhawk is going to be going to the rainbow bridge, it is so sad I love kittyhawk so much, she was the first horse I rode that really liked me, that's one of my great memories of her

It's going to be a day full of tears when the day comes, but at least we know she will not be suffering anymore, and we will get lots and lots of photos, I am going to clear my memory card so I can take many pics of her. She'll have a great great day!

I"m so sorry Becky that it's time, know that Kittyhawk loves you and has always wanted you to be happy, and you returned the favour many times by making her happy back

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

I'm so sorry. Its a tough decision to come to terms with. She's lived a good life with you. Make the most of these last moments and give her a hug for everybody at PT.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I also forgot to say how beautiful those pictures are of Kitty! They are gorgeous and the one with her tongue sticking out is so cute

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Does the horse have some kind of determinal desiez? Bless her heart, she is very beautiful and cute! I can see why she makes you feel better!

Did I miss something about Kitty Hawk having a lameness issue? I didn't know that it was serious for her, poor girl. I hope that there may be a way for her to recover yet, hang in there.

Zimbabwe 07/13

I am so sorry. I have no words to describe how sad I am for you and KittyHawk. (((hugs))) I hope there is something you can do.

I'm so sorry; that's so sad. KittyHawk is so beautiful... I'm sure she knows how much you love her...
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

No she just has really bad authoritis in her front legs, she was a natural pigon toed horse and we had a stupid farrier try to fix that once she had authoritis. if i knew better when i was younger that would have never happend. thank you soo much for the comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggie
    Does the horse have some kind of determinal desiez? Bless her heart, she is very beautiful and cute! I can see why she makes you feel better!

*~Becky~*

Hey Everyone!
    thank you so much for all the compliments and support. I'm sure she knows how much i love her...for she was there for me every day and now i'm here for her.
    i think i failed to mention she has super bad arthritis in both of her front legs, she's had authoritis for quite some time but it wasn't really slowing her down till last year. she seems to be slowly going down hill everyday now. i noticed the other day that she got cancer lumps on her tail, poor girl she isnt even that old...stupid idiots jumped her when she was only 3 years old too.not the people that we got her from but ppl before that.
    I'm getting so sad knowing that i have to make the decision when to get it done, just i don't want to put her down when she doesn't have to be if anyone knows what i mean, she isn't in pain and she's mobile yet..she takes her time and she's soo super happy. thats why i don't want to do it yet. She isn't in Pain or anything but as soon as i know that she is, i don't want her to suffer so that will be the time for her.
    i think it sort of is like degenerative joint disease (DJD). there's a metabolic shift that occurs around age 15 in horses, leading to an escalation of cell death within bone, cartilage, and tissue whcih could have made it worse because last year...she was 16 so that was about the age of 15 part. other than that i don't know much about equine arthritis.

Kitty gave me an awful scare today. I looked out the window for some reason i usually don't but i wanted to for once and noticed kitty laying down on the ground stretched out. It scared me soo much i ran out to see what was wrong and she was laying in the sun i lifted her head on my lap and she still wasn't trying to get up which is really wierd for her. I was going to call a vet i ran in the house and grabbed the phone and phone book and brought it out with me. Laying the way she was could have gave her collic. she was completely down on her side. i felt her body and head first to make sure that she still had good circulation. The thing that scared me more was that she was nickering to me but not like she ever did before. i started to cry and said that your missing such a nice day kitty (because i didn't want to put her down at all) i started flipping through the phone book and found the number i called once and it was busy and i called my horsey neighbours, though i knew that they had to go to town, but tryed anyway and there was no answer i thought that i was out of luck..i chucked the phone and phone book out of the pasture, and lifted her head again and said kitty please please get up...and i slapped her bum and than she made a movement...she lifted her head and looked at me like what do you think your doing...and than i went up by her head again and yelled kitty hawk in a stern voice and she finially got up. after she got up she was nickering a bit but didn't really have any problems getting up.

*~Becky~*

I know how hard this will be for you. I'm really sorry.

I didn't get any pictures of Skeeter today, but I got pictures of Joey, who looks sorta like KittyHawk.

Joey:

(He's on the right)

(Once again, on the right)

I WILL get you a picture of Skeeter next week, I promise.

I really will.
    in on the joke and i cant stop laughing

Poor Kitty Hawk, I'm happy that she has someone like you to be there for her. I'm glad she'll know she is loved right up until the end.

We have a horse at my school who was jumped way too much way too young, and he has chronic pain problems too.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Is there anything a vet could do?

My old dog used to scare me like that a few times too. It is hard thinking about the decision but when the times right you'll know it.