Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Siamese Cats...

Siamese Cats...

I'm not over on the cat side too much, but I really want to adopt a siamese. I had a siamese cross for almost my whole life, and she passed away a couple years ago. At the moment I do not have a cat of my own, but my mom and my sister each have their cats. Cassie (my old siamese) wasn't the sweetest, but she sure was a lover when she wanted to be, and I loved that about her. I'm really interested in adopting another Siamese, and my mom hasn't objected so if I come across one I'm probably going to check it out... but I was wondering...

I'm not sure how many siamese owners we have here, but do almost all Siamese have the "loner" attitude, where they like to be kept to themselves but are really sweet when they want some attention?? I don't know all that much about them, and haven't done too much research on their attitudes. It's so hard to take what information someone has posted on Google since they can be so biased and most are completly opposite from the person who made the website before them. So I need your help!!

My family and I are moving to Arizona, and my mom is leaving in a week. She is going to have to leave her cat with me until August when we bring the dogs and cats. I told her that she should adopt a siamese when she gets down there to keep her company when she is all alone for so long.. we'll see if she does or not.
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

You really should talk to catmandu. He has several Siamese. I had one, but I was a child. All I can really remember is how they sound like a baby crying. The best I can remember though, she was sweet and loving. I have a tabby cat now that is such a lover, but it has to be on her terms. Good Luck!
    RIP 03-05-07 Ellie

I have my siamese Bobo, and my family also has two other siamese cats, and none of them have the loner attitude, specially my Bobo. In fact my siamese is the least loner cat ever, all he ever does is watn my attention 24/7, it actually can get annoying lol. He sleeps right under my arm with his cheek against mine every night since I first got him.

I honestly have always thought that all the siamese stereotypes are completely untrue, Bobo has proved it all wrong to me Siamese are my favourite cat! here's my Bobo:

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Meezers here!

I foster Siamese cats. I have 3 resident Siamese too.

Bella, my heart cat, is a velcro kitty. She is completely bonded to me.
    I hold her against my chest and she rubs her face on me, ALL the time.
    She doesn't have many Meezer traits, no loud voice, no Diva attitude.
    Just pure love. Although, she tends to shun me if I am away too much or too many fosters in the house. Very intelligent and cunning.

Snowy is my big male. He is sheer CLOWN! Very talky, easygoing, not a lap cat, but likes to be between our heads in bed.

Malfi, well he's ancient. He is loving, but I wonder how he was before we got him, in his youth.

I've learned a lot about Siamese cats, and there are some personality differences that have to do with gender and point color.
    For instance, if you want a large Teddy bear of a cat, I'd recommend a flame point male.

Here's a website for our rescue. I think you can rescue a Meezer through the Texas Center, once you relocate to AZ.
    At least you can read about what Siamese are REALLY like.

Please do consider rescuing rather than buying. There are SO many loving cats needing homes.

http://www.siameserescue.org/

My Luna has a lot of Siamese in her (Her Mom, Cutie, is a full Himmy...so she's a bit rounder than a full Siamese, but still has the creme and dark chocolate markings and blue eyes). Luna is very much the Princess Cat. She has a bit of an attitude and definitely is not shy about speaking her mind about everything and everyone with her very distinctive voice. Sometimes she almost sounds like a newborn baby crying. However, for the select fortunate people she choses to love, she can be quite affectionate....when she's in the mood, that is. She's a sweet kitty, though. Never bites or scratches--just backtalks occasionally. She's been known to follow me all around the house, sometimes commenting on something to me. And when she can't find me, she meows and meows until I call to her...then she runs toward the sound of my voice. And when I come home from work or school, she's waiting by the door. She also gets along very well with my other cat, who is two years older.

But all cats have different personalities regardless of breed. Most important is to pick a cat you can bond with...and let the cat pick you too. If it's not mutual, it won't work so well.

my whole point will be that mine was 23 when he passed. My life wont ever be complee without another. I do cat rescue, and TNR. and my I can say that a Siamese will be the greatest adition you will ever make. Just be sure you want a person in Cat clothing.................................
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

I have a Tortie point siamese. She is mean as can be. BUT I do know that siamese are a very friendly breed, I just got a bad seed Good look on your search, and hey, you can have my Suzie if you want

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

Thanks so much everybody!

Rosethecopycat: You cats are so beautiful! I've been in love with the siamese breed since I was a little girl, and still feel that I am not complete without another siamese, I really don't want any other breed. I rescued Cass, and I plan on rescueing another...no breeders for me thank you!

I'm checking out the website right now. . I was wondering.. like with the East Coast rescue and others, is it still possible to rescue from them even if you don't live there, if you have transportation??
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

In our rescue if we can arrange a home visit we will adopt out of state.
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

I think that siamese rescue has something called "meezer express" where they try and work out a transport. Rose knows all about it! I go to her for all of my siamese needs

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!

Please do consider rescuing rather than buying. There are SO many loving cats needing homes.
    Meezers are the best! Their personalities are so unique and they can be VERY loyal to their humans.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

The one on the left is my Meezer girl, Isis. She is the only one in her litter like her.

Isis was the runt. She stayed shorthaired and didn't have any of the dark chocolatey seal pointed long hair that her 9 siblings got. She is a very sweet, gentle soul. She has *never* EVER bitten or scratched ANYONE ever, not even in fear. She has her times when she prefers not to be held but she will put up with it anyways. She has a very loud motor when she gets it going and will make biscuits all night long! She meows loudly, clearly, and consistently when she wants to, needs to, etc. She has attached herself to me but is also fond of my husband and a select few others. However, she is beginning to come around and is a lot more sociable with people. She is completely submissive towards everyone but knows how to get herself out of annoyances way. She loves to mother dogs and cats, especially kittens. She also loves to play with them all, from time to time.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Coco Puff is a meezer and he's so friendly that he can be a pain in the arse sometimes. He's very sociable w/my other cats, too. He's a little afraid when strangers enter my home but he makes up to them fast. No loner here.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Cocoa Kitty is a loving companion. When I am watching TV he hops in my lap several times during the night for petting and he enjoys taking a nap in my lap. At night he sleeps with me which is very relaxing for me. When I am away from him I remember him cuddling up to me and it helps me sleep. He is a very smart boy, well trained and cooperative. He does a few tricks and even "stays" and knows the rules of the house very well. Cocoa is wonderful and has a very happy disposition.
    Cathy loves Cocoa Kitty.
    http://cocoakitty.net

Lets see there Bo Bo and Prcious who are Meezers and Shemp Angel and BJ Angel were Meezers.
    And John Hancock the Balinese and Rocca Baton, Miquelito and Pouncierge the Oriental Short Hairs.
    I love my Siamese and even though they can be vocal they are truly a Fun Cat and have so much Purrrsoanlity that you will never regret a Meezer Companion.
    And I would check with the Shelters and Web Sites as there are often Meezers who really need a Furr Ever Home there.
    Good Luck in finding a New Best Friend.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS