Thread: Koko

Koko

Help you guys, I'm a bit scared. I found a bump on my Siamese's right shoulder. Looks like a wart to me, flesh colored, not liquid filled, and fairly small. However, he must have been scratching at it because it's now a tiny bit bloody around the edges. He's going in to be checked soon, and I've actually sent a digital picture to his vet to look at first. Do any of you have any knowledge of what constitutes a wart vs. something really scary, like a cancer tumor? He's 12.
    Barbara

Sorry I can't really hope but I hope your little guy is okay
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Koko

Thanks for answering me anyway! Barb
    Barbara

Take him to the vet. Get it checked out. I'm really not sure what it is, but the vet should help you out with that. Good luck and keep us updated
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

Koko

Thank you KittyGurl. Since he's 12, I am sure I can expect issues to start happening with him, but it's so sad to see your "best friend" go through things that you never want him to have to experience. I am hoping that all will be well; he's eating, peeing, sleeping as normal, so hopefully it's just warts or something. He's going in next week to be checked out, just in case.
    Barbara

Is there another cat around? It could be a tiny wound as well. Tigris has wart-like things sometimes from fights with his brother
    I hope Koko will be fine.

Barbiecat,

It was so nice meeting you the other day at BB&B. I only wish I had time to chat with you.

The bump you're describing sounds like a lump caused by vaccinations. Ask your vet about that. Especially since she's a senior. The right shoulder is usually used for distemper for vaccinations.

Let us know what the whitecoats say.
    Last edited by moosmom; 06-06-2007 at 11:45 AM.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Koko

Thanks everybody. No, no other cats; he's an "only child". And no Donna, no recent vaccinations. I'm really hoping that it's just either food allergies or medication allergies. I'll know more after 6/4 when he goes to the vet.
    Barbara

Could you post the picture of it?

Reply to Reggie re: Koko

I tried to join Photobucket, but when I went to download pics, it just said downloading 0%, and never moved! So I dont' think I can. It started out as a flesh colored bump, then rapidly turned into a scab, so I'm hoping it's either a food allergy or medication allergy. He is acting normal, not in pain or anything. I'll know more after I take him to the vet on 6/4. Thanks for your concern.
    Barbara

I believe that it may be an infection or it could be just a bump you never know

Koko

Geez thanks Reggie, I don't want to hear the cancer word!
    Barbara

Just changed my last post.

Koko update

The vet took off 4 lumps and sutured him up; now just waiting for the biopsy results. She seemed to think that they were benign ones; let's hope so.
    Barbara

Koko update #2

The vet found 4 lumps; she called them mass cell tumors. Usually found on dogs; extremely rare on cats. NOT cancerous, thank God, but since they have little knowledge of what they do in cats, she wants me to keep track of any future lumps and have those removed, too, before they get beyond just a skin level. Phew! Thanks for all who responded.
    Barbara