Thread: Excited & Nervous...

Excited & Nervous...

I've been on the lookout for a job for a while now, but I guess you could say I was a bit of a slacker when it came to picking places to apply. I wanted to apply for a job that I'd actually be excited to go to etc.

So yesterday when I was picking up dog food at Pet Supplies "Plus", I said what the heck and I applied right then and there. The application was actually 3 pages long, 2 of which were filled with questions.

When I handed the manager my application she thanked me ...and I asked when she thought they would be calling people back. She said that they really weren't hiring at the moment, and that she would be looking through all of the applications in a couple of weeks, but she said it with such a look on her face that it really didn't give me much hope of being called.

So that was late yesterday afternoon.... fast forward to this afternoon and she called me back!

I've got an interview at 4:00 tomorrow! I can't believe it!

This will be my first interview and I'm not going to lie, I am nervous... but excited too.

This is the only place around that carries Canidae (What I feed Riley and Rebel) So if I do get the job and there are discounts involved that would be a major plus!

Any tips/ words of advice for my interview tomorrow? What to do/ what not to do, etc?

Dont try to talk cool like "yo" or "cool". Talk business like like "Hellow" and "Thank You for your time".

Thanks! I don't really say much of "Yo" or "Cool" anyway, but thanks for the advice!

first of all, pre-congratulations!!

must be exciting for you - I remember my first job!

what you must do.. be yourself! answer questions simple and clear. don't ask about salary, or benefits...not yet. no jeans.

also, like reggie said, say thank you for your time, smile friendly - and after you leave, reward her with thank you letter or something. that'd inspire her and her motivation to remember you the best.

that's all off my head right now --->> good luck!!
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll do great!

We did "mock" intereviews for jobs at school, and these were some important things...

Eye Contact is a MUST, dont look behind them, always look straight into their eyes. You might feel weird or dumb, but do it anyways, trust me, they wont think it's weird or awkward

Be clear and dont mutter or make your sentences die out ( i have a habit of doing this) always talk loud and clear so they know exactly what you are trying to explain

No jeans or tee shirts with words or anything on them.. look professional, its better to be over dressed than under dressed

Be happy, even if you just fell in a mud puddle on your way out the door, they dont care about your home life or anything else and want a happy and confident worker to be there and to be reliable

Think about questions to answer like:

Why do you think you are qualified for this job? Why are you better than Jane Doe?

How important is it to you and to the company that you are reliable and are to work on time when asked to be there?
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Thanks for the good luck wishes..... I got the job! I'm so excited, I start working next monday!

Hooray! What an exciting few days, and I am just catching this thread. Glad you go the job.

That's cool that you got the job. I have a Pet Supplies Plus in the town next to me and I like it allot.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Congratulations on the job! How exciting.
    ~Sara, Daisy, Jessie, Jake, & Jackson

<3 Gone but never forgotten <3
    {Benjamin, Russell, Chester, Dexter, George Harrison, & Leeroy} {O.D.} {Trey} {John-Paul & Earl}

Yay, congrats!!!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08