Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: "Pet Angel Fund for Spaying Gizzy et al"

What I find very sad is that this whole thing has again become about Bri and not the animals. The animals care continues to be neglected and people are arguing about who was rude to who. I continue to hope that these animals will find homes where someone will do what is needed to take care of their basic needs. It is not happening where they are now, and it appears that it is not going to happen even after some very good-hearted people have gone out of their way to help. This is not a judgement, this is simply what I have learned after reading Bri's posts for the past year and a half. I make no comment or judgement on it, I only note that making excuses for the lack of care for her animals is a continuing theme in all of Bri's posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger's Mom
    What I find very sad is that this whole thing has again become about Bri and not the animals. The animals care continues to be neglected and people are arguing about who was rude to who. I continue to hope that these animals will find homes where someone will do what is needed to take care of their basic needs. It is not happening where they are now, and it appears that it is not going to happen even after some very good-hearted people have gone out of their way to help. This is not a judgement, this is simply what I have learned after reading Bri's posts for the past year and a half. I make no comment or judgement on it, I only note that making excuses for the lack of care for her animals is a continuing theme in all of Bri's posts.
    I agree, unfortunately I let anger get the best of me but that is exactly why I got so upset. The animals are the ones doing without and it just upset me because even when people donated and went out of their way exceedingly so, the animals still aren't getting care because of the lack of a phone call on the part of the owner. That just upset me so much to see because the animals in question have to continue to go without. It's just very very sad.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

Priorities, priorities, priorities!!! Your animals come before friends, clothes, movies, POTC ect.... wake up, make a phone call, and get these poor animals cared for. No more excuses, no more crap. Just get done what needs to get done. That is all there is to it!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

I wonder what todays excuse will be. Well no, actually I don't ~

I have avoided this thread for quite some time, but I have been wanting to respond.

I don't think I have ever been so confused in my entire life. It seems as though she was hoping the money would come in "cash form", right in the mail box - to spend on something other than her pets. I got that impression when I read through the other thread, and this one. I know that seems completely ignorant of me to say that, but I just got that feeling. How hard is it to make a phone call? Your mom should be thrilled that other people are paying for her pets to go to the vet. If she was thankful to any of these wonderful people that have donated, she would have made the phone call days ago.

Let me tell you, it is very easy to see what kind of person you are through what you write. I don't think I have heard somebody contradict themselves as much as you have. The "stories" keep changing, they are confusing the heck out of everyone. Your poor pets are the ones suffering here, not you. And I certainly don't have any sympathy for you.

I cannot for the life of me understand how you could go and see POTC two times instead of putting that money away for something important. Yeah sure, you want to be a kid - but with a Mother who could care less about your animals, you should have saved it...

My cats are like my children, they are family before they are pets - I would do anything for them.

You don't have to care about my opinion. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth. You may choose to quote me and voice your own opinion on what I have just said - or you can take it as it is and keep this thread calm.

AMADEUS AUGUSTUS SEBASTIAN THEODORE

I just called the vet hospital and they are closed. It is 9:06 central time here and it is 10 am there, I believe. I got the automated service which gives you options toi contact the Emergency Number.
    I MAY try back this afternoon. If there is any info other than what I have already (name of Rhonda and Briana, Pet Angel Fund, etc.) please letme know ahead of time. My minute cards are exspensive too so I have to use wiesely.
    I WILL ALSO ask for an Email addy while I am talking to them, so don't worry about that. If someone else wants to call AS WELL, please do so.
    Thanks....
    Kitimom
    Mommy to Timothy, Cheese, Chaz and Junior...and RB Baby Doodles

Not to insult you or anything but roxyluvsme13, You posts are kind of confusing. They are confusing me and i am a nerd lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kitimom
    I just called the vet hospital and they are closed. It is 9:06 central time here and it is 10 am there, I believe. I got the automated service which gives you options to contact the Emergency Number.
    I MAY try back this afternoon. If there is any info other than what I have already (name of Rhonda and Briana, Pet Angel Fund, etc.) please let me know ahead of time. My minute cards are expensive too so I have to use wisely.
    I WILL ALSO ask for an Email addy while I am talking to them, so don't worry about that. If someone else wants to call AS WELL, please do so.
    Thanks....
    Kitimom
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggie
    Finally back on topic. *feels relieved* I called and they asked for a bunch of details that i didnt know.

Kitimom and Reggie, I was thinking of doing the same thing. Thank you for doing it first!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

This entire thread makes me sick!

It brings down Pet Talk and what it stands for - it is an insult to Karen and Paul.

And the pets are "STILL" waiting......................for good vet care.

*very confused* What else needs to happen before Brianna's pets can get the care they need? She needs to set appointments - how do we find out what her balance in the Pet Angel fund is? Didn't I read somewhere that if the appointments are not made within the next couple of weeks, the donated funds go to other patients? Bri - can you take care of this today?

Thanks ... Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Cassiesmom - the PMs are not working on my mom's computer! ARRGH (no smileys either, this morning!)

SO - your idea is a good one. I suggest email contact instead of phone. Phone as backup.

Make sense? :-)

Thanks!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Just spoke to a very nice woman at the vet office.

Her info for the fees are as follows... Now if this is for the office and not the clinic, I dunno... I just called the number I was given.

PreOp blood work: $55.00
    Spay: 81.99; Pain meds $8-$10.00
    Vax: Distemper-18.69; FeLV-22.04; Rabies-12.73; Bordetella-13.29 = $66.75
    FeLV/FIV combo test - 44.79
    Total 258.53
    Not sure what tax is in your state.... would need to calculate that in.

Marilyn, the lovely lady I spoke to at the vet, said that if Gizzy was gotten through the Washington County Johnson City shelter (the only one there) that her spay would have been prepaid for in the adoption fee. Not sure where Gizzy came from, but I thought I'd add that info as a just in case.

Linda is the one who runs the Angel Fund and she isn't in the office until tomorrow, Wednesday. She's the only one who can tell the amount of what is in the account. I'll call back tomorrow and speak with her.

Hellow, did you get an e-mail aderess?

PS... I call from school/work and it doesn't cost me anything. So, if you want me to call about whatever, where ever, let me know. As I said, I got the other info just now, and I'll call to speak to Linda tomorrow about the fund amount.

PS... I also ordered and am having a really nice alarm clock sent to Bri... I said she needs to start using one, lol. It is a nature sounds one, and has the temp in in, and is an Atomic Clock, so the time sets automatically and she can set two different alarms in it as well, AND project the time and temp on a wall or ceiling. It was at walmart online.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyluvsme13
    The phone alarm isn't loud enough to wake me up, not my problem. If my mom wants me out of bed, she can get me out of bed.
    First off
    KUDOS to those of you who called the vet office and got a semblence of an answer...
    But this statement she made bothers me -
    b/c if they are her animals - IT is her problem....
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..