Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cali

Cali

Cali's mom: No, it's not crazy to say that losing an animal is worse than losing a human; I have to agree with you. I'm widowed, and my 12 year old Siamese is the only companion in my home, so eventually losing him is going to be very traumatic.

Now for brighter things: your cat is gorgeous; I'm so glad you took a young adult instead of a kitten; just look how much love she has returned to you for your generosity of adopting her! I hope you have many many years together. Keep loving each other always.
    Barbara

Cali

Cali you are beautiful!!!! You are one lucky kitty, and I agree with your Mommy 100% about adopting you, because I have adopted older cats too, besides kittens. Adults need homes too, and can be just as affectionate as a kitten, and you can love an adult just as much too. I've had grown cats wander into my yard and make me their new mom, and they're wonderful, and took to my household well. I haven't had a single problem with an older cat adjusting to my household yet. Hope you have many, many and many more years together.
    Fay L. Hafer

GO CALI! You definately deserve cat of the day. It sounds like you have a very special mommy who loves you bunches! I would have to agree that losing an animal is somewhat harder than losing a human. I lost my constant companion of almost 17 years on March 5th. Pet food recall. Squeak and I miss him something awful. Anyway, Cali enjoy your day in the spotlight. You're beautiful!!

hooray for Cali and Owner

I had to write to let you know, that you are correct about losing an animal companion being so terribly sad. I lost my cat Scruffy some years ago, and I realized that she was truly my closest friend. Only another cat lover understood our closeness.

Anyhow, you have found each other and will enjoy many happy days. I adopted a 9-year old Siamese, Star, some years ago and we had a fabulous 6-1/2 years together.

Have a good day.

Cali is beautiful and sweet!

I love calicos!! Cali is beautiful and I am so glad you took this cat into your home. She has beautiful eyes. Your story was greatly written and brought tears to my eyes!! Enjoy your bundle of joy - she is so lucky to have you! I always love to see CA cats representing!

California's Cali!

Cali sweetheart! What a beautiful, sweet, and loving kitty you are! It is so nice to have another kitty from California! You certainly have been through a lot in your life! It was just the right timing when your mommy came to see you and adopted you. Your mom is right: Kittens are great, but so are adults. I am glad for your sake that she adopted an adult. Anyways, Cali, Congrats on Cat of The Day! Have a great day; you deserve it loving girl!
    -Pets from Reggie, Nellie, Nitschke, and Their Owner

Reggie is a 1 year old Tuxedo cat who was Cat of The Day January 29, 2007. Nellie is a 3 year old Lynx Point Siamese cat who will hopefully be Cat of The Day soon. Nitschke is the 2 month old kitten of the family, and has calico/tortie coloring. I will nominate her for Cat of The Day soon!

Cali, you are precious! My kitty (Cassie) adopted me when she was eighteen months old, under very similar circumstances. How wonderful that you have a forever home in which you are so obviously loved! Please meow to your Person to join Pet Talk so we can see photos of your joyful life together. Happy Cat of the Day, sweetheart! Purrs and head bops from Illinois.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Cali you are a beauty and delightful to boot. You can tell that you and your meowmie love one another very much. Many happy years together.

The Charming Cali!!!!

What a lovely beauty you are!! Just look at those eyes!! You certainly are repaying your parent who adopted you, with all the love you can possibly give! I think the reason why we may miss our pets so much after they go to the Bridge, is because they love US, completely unconditionally, whether we be fat, thin, good or bad hair day!!! And Cali knows this!! HAPPY COTD!!
    Nine is Fine!!

Cali what a beauty you are!!!

I'm so happy for you and your human!!! Grown up kitties need lots of luvin too and I'm glad you got a wonderful home and family!

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our special Cat of the Day!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh sweet Cali! You are just adorable... I love your colors, and your sweet little orange nose with a blackliner! And the story of how you and your human came together is precious!

Enjoy lots of extra treats and luvvins today!
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

One of the most touching, heartfelt and tear producing tales of rescue I have read my 6 years on Pet Talk. God Bless you beautiful Cali for being there for your Mom, bringing her so much joy, comfort and solace. And to Mom, bless YOU for going the rescue route, the adult kitty route. It's clear from your loving words, your heartfelt tribute, that you could not have found a more loving companion than you have in Cali. I wish for you Cali a very happy Cat of the Day celebration and a lifetime of unconditional love with your wonderful Mom and fursib! Congratulations, hugs and kisses to you precious Cali, our EXTRA special and MOST deserving, Cat of the Day!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

O cali, u have had a rough start to life, but see things turned out great and bless ur moms heart for adopting an adult! I my self like adopting adults sbecause u already know some things about their persoanlities and they do change and such, its always great rescueing too ! I have 6 rescues all different ages and they are joys, so Cali's mom I understand everything u said, that story was so precious !! And Cali, u are one gorgeous girl, and ur eyes are soo gorgeous!

Okay, the only thing a kitten has going for it is that it is cute. And it has to be cute, they'll climb your curtains (then beg to get down, cause they went too high), they also like to climb clothes hanging in the closet, and then, at night it's bad enough to hear things crashing in the other part of the house, but then they climb on the headboard and push things onto your head. Now after all of that....they have to be cute!
    Now an older kitty is awesome, they know the ropes. They don't knock things over or climb drapes...no instead, they want to be cuddled, pampered and sleep on your bed. They know they're primary job is to wake you up in the a.m. and follow you all day.
    Congrats Cali on being Cat of the Day, I hope you and your young feline buddy gets lots of treats....and your human buddy too!

What a beautiful girl you are, Cali! I love your emerald eyes. It sure was a lucky day when your mom walked into that shelter looking for a kitten - and there you were - an adult kitty who walked into her heart. Cali, I hope you have many more years of good health and happiness with the family who loves you so much.