Thread: The Runt of the litter

The Runt of the litter

I was told before to never adopt the Runt of the litter. Also, I read that in one of my cat books. They said they will have some health problems. Is that true or not. I am not really sure. There is always one kitten that is smaller then the others in the litter. I adopted a tortie kitten from the Humane Society. She didn't looked like a regular kitten. She had giant ears, very tiny paws and a skinny tail. Too me, Sabrina looked like a rat. Her brother was all black and he was twice the size of her. The tortie I see in the shelter are bigger then my Sabrina. I guess Sabrina was the runt of the litter. She had lots of problems with her stool. It was very runny just like diarrhea. Her stool sometimes had blood in it but it all clear up for now.

I was just wondering will she have lots of health problem as she gets older. Should I be concern since she was a runt of the litter. Please reply and let me know. Thanks for your time!

I would guess that since you didn't see them at birth you cannot be sure that she was the runt of the litter.

Just keep an eye on her and love her. Any sign of illness, get her to a vet for a checkup.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I was told that my "little one" whom I adopted a couple years ago was the runt of his litter. He is now 13 pounds of luxurious 11-year-old cuteness, full of energy and purrrrrrrrrrs! Healthy food, an indoor life, and regular vet visits will keep Sabrina on the right track.

Love, Columbine

Well my little "runt" is a beautiful pettie little girl who absolutely loves to play fetch. She loves you to throw her mouse and she will bring it back. She like the lab in Spanglish...........