Thread: sun bleached????

sun bleached????

I was wondering if you know how to keep horse with any black mane and tail from getting sun bleached? please let me know! thank you muchly~! any suggestions please!
    thank you
    Becky

*~Becky~*

I can't help you All I know is that my cousin's rabbits use to get sun bleached and to keep them from getting more sun bleached they had to keep the rabbits out of the sun...but its pretty hard to keep a horse out of the sun.

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

sun block. they make doggy sun block you can spray on their coat. You could use that on the horse's mane.

Hmm.. weird my black horse never gets sunbleached, but if you really don't want it you could move him away from direct sunlight to a place with more shade. He would probably enjoy getting out of the sun anyways! Also you could buy a tail wrap and braid that in, but you couldn't really do anything about the mane. Also a fly sheet might work to reflect some of the direct sun. Or.. keep him out of the sun completly when the sun shines the hardest.
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

A great thing to add to a horses diet is Black Oil Sunflower Seeds. Also in the horseworld Known as BOSS. They are great for keeping Black horses black. It keeps dark horses in general from bleaching out.
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

thank you soo much for all the helpfull hints...i never have my horses in direct sunlight in the summer unless its a cooler day...but i'm going to try the BOSS thank you.

*~Becky~*