Thread: Kitty Hawk (horse peoples and lovers)

Kitty Hawk (horse peoples and lovers)

Hello! Its been a long time since i was on PT, but I was extreemly busy! In the time that i thought that Kitty Hawk was pregnant all along it turned out she wasn't at all. she went through a false pregnancy and i figured out that she wasn't about 3 months ago. Her legs are getting really bad and its about that time to do the most humain thing.

I'm so sad that it ever had to come to this because she's only 17, she still would have had a lot of time left if it wasn't for the authoritis. by the way sorry for any spelling mistakes...the main thing is that you understand what i'm saying! I have a great plan for her before she goes though! I'm going to get a few people over and give her a nice bath, and have a photo shoot when she's done! That way there is like thousands pictures and memories of her. trying not to get any pictures of how bad her legs are of course so that the memories are more the healthy kitty hawk.

I had this mare for 11 years and this is going to be hard. This is something that i never thought that i had to decide on till she started getting authoritis. But i didn't know that her progression with this would be so fast. I've tried liniments and herbs and salt and everything but nothing really helped the progression of this. i don't know what type of authoritis it is but i really hope that none of your horses (horse owners) get authoritis.

The person that did the breeding with kitty i contacted and told them that she didn't keep that she isn't pregnant. They were really sincere and nice about it. they had 13 horses and there was this little bay QH gelding that was the last on they're mind. His name is Dillon! I really didn't favor that name much (no offence to people out there) But he was only 3 and didn't have really any work done to him. i checked him out and they offered him to me for free.

I went over and he was a playfull horse and he had really kind looking eyes. So i decided that i would take him and now i have two horses for time being. I'm really happy that i took that offer up. He plays with me in the pasture i run and he chaces me..i always have a treat for him when he does so. Poor kitty hawk can't really run around so i always go up to her and brush her. give her some treets aswell.

I found out that his dad was Mito's Perfect Buck-they have a family tree but no pictures of him but i did find a picture of his grand daddy! Mito's Perfection. He was a beautiful buckskin. here is a picture of him if you want to see him
    http://www.bridgemanhorses.com/bucks...e-stallion.htm
    I found out that he had a saddle on once, but the woman that got on him bucked her right off. it wasn't a laughing matter, but she didn't get hurt i found out that she got pissed and took the saddle right off and walked away and didn't want to buy him anymore. I went and put the saddle on him about 3 or 4 days after i had him. he never really moved around much or wasn't scared. i walked him around with the saddle on and he never had a reaction. so i put my one leg up in the sturrup...looking at his ears they were back a bit but not all the way. than i got up on him no problem! He was being great. i got on him and there wasn't many problems. He's young but i only walk him so far and he doesn't even need to be lunged before riding he's a very calm little boy.

I renamed him Rhiszo! i like that name much more and he is happy and settled into his new home with me and Kitty Hawk.
    ..he keeps progressing more and more and he's smart and doesn't really try to do anything except what i try to get him to do while i'm training. breaking him was easier than what i ever expected to be.
    ..ps: sometimes i don't think that he's fully QH, it looks like sometimes that he may have a little standardbred in him, but he just needs to gain some weight and fill out more to be able to tell.

here are some pictures of Rhiszo and Kitty Hawk.

kitty seeing Rhiszo for the first time:

metting:

friends on an instant!

Lazy Rhiszo!

Visious Rhiszo! just kidding. he's super kind as this picture should explain all.

just plain RhiszOOOOO!!!!!

*~Becky~*

Hey Beki!

Great pictures of Rhiszo and KittyHawk. They are two beautiful horses, and I know that you and Rhiszo are going to bond more and more. And KittyHawk is always in my prayers. When the time comes, I hope she passes peacefully, and I will there for you. It will be such a sad time, but the most we can know is that you did what was best for your beloved mare.

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Oh no!That's horrible! Obie's 17..wow. that's wierd. I'm really sorry about Kitty Hawk.

I love his new name! he's adorable! Good luck with him!

-Melanie
    in on the joke and i cant stop laughing

Hello kalei and JuniorxMyxLove thank you so much for replying! thats pretty cool that obie and kitty is the same age. Thank you very much on the new name too! its much better than Dillan! lol i believe thats mentioned! lol. thank you kalei i really hope that she isn't in any pain when she does end. i'm pretty sure that she will die piecefully i mean people will be there. she's going to live on in our hearts.

*~Becky~*

There's this pony at my barn, and he looks like EXACTLY like Kitty-Hawk. Well not exactly like her but a lot like her. There used to be two, but they sold one because he was a nut-case. I gotta get some pictures of Skeeter. He's really tiny though. I'll try to get pictures of him on friday.

I still can't believe that Kitty-Hawk wasn't pregnant. I know you were excited about the new foal. That's just really sad. I guess Rhiszo could be like Kitty-Hawk's foal that she never had, you know?

I still think Kitty-Hawk is the prettiest flea-bitten grey horse I've seen. I like how it's not like super there, but not not there. I'm making no sense. Oh well.

-Melanie

Melanie! Hey thanks so much for replying again! i think your right Rhiszo is like the baby kitty hawk never had! Kitty Hawk much appreciates the pretty compliment thats pretty neet also that there is a horse that looks like kitty!! do you know what breed the horsie is? yay can't wait to see Skeeter!! TTYL!

*~Becky~*

Congratulations on the new addition! He looks very sweet!

I'm very sorry to hear about Kitty Hawk, but I think letting her go is in the best interest. From what I've read since you joined PT it seems like she's having a pretty hard time. I'm glad you are having people over and giving her a treat before letting her go off to the rainbow bridge. Thank you

DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Umm I think Skeeter might be..uhh..I don't know. I
    ll ask my trainer, but he's most likely a mix of something unknown. But, then again, that's what I thought Obie was, and he turned out to be a full Quarter Horse I guess we'll just have to wait and find out!

they Beth and Melanie and Kalei!! Thank you so much for your posts. Rhiszo is getting better with all the training i've been putting on him. Hey most generally keeps his head up...a LOT~and even with halter and i've just been having a constant pressure on his head till he drops it and than he can have his head. that is till he brings it up again...and than he brings it down i let go of the pressure again...he's learned that for the walk and yesterday in one day he's learned that for the trot too!

i was really impressed in how fast he learned. The only thing i've been using a running martingale to keep his head down when riding him because so far i've only walked and trotted rarely...(not anymore till i know that he's ready, i was just trying it) he doesn't like keeping his head down. grr i think i'm going to bit him up (have the reins down between his front legs and than up over his back and lunge him.

lol...i'm trying to get him into pleasure for a few years before i take him in any barrels polls dash for cash apple dunking and patato races. if i do this year it will only be trotting and lol thats it just trotting at the fastest.

as for kitty hawk. I have to make arrangements really soon because its come that she shouldn't suffer anymore. its sad because her spirit wants to be alive..she loves being alive and she shows that because she never wants to show pain, she never does but i know her well enough that i know that she is in some. I love her so much and i appreciate all the support you've given me with her. and all your support made this so much easier. Kitty Hawk is going to have the best meal of her life before the doing! she's going to have a nice warm molessas supper a choclate bar (she loves choclate bars-she gets them once a month) oats beet pulp and brown sugar...what ever else she wants too and if she likes pepperments...all the peppermnts she can take

kitty hawk loves you all, she loves the attention.
    omg..i have to say something funny before i'm done this post.
    2 days ago i feed kitty hawk a treet a horse apple treat...i wore the same colored pants and the same jaket when i go out and do the barn work...and yesterday...kitty flared her nose and everthing and acted nervous and shy towards me i waited about 10 min and went back to her to give her a treat again and than she was normal...i don't know she's senial now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby's my baby
    Congratulations on the new addition! He looks very sweet!

I'm very sorry to hear about Kitty Hawk, but I think letting her go is in the best interest. From what I've read since you joined PT it seems like she's having a pretty hard time. I'm glad you are having people over and giving her a treat before letting her go off to the rainbow bridge. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by JuniorxMyxLove
    Umm I think Skeeter might be..uhh..I don't know. I
    ll ask my trainer, but he's most likely a mix of something unknown. But, then again, that's what I thought Obie was, and he turned out to be a full Quarter Horse I guess we'll just have to wait and find out!

*~Becky~*

Hey Beki,

I'm so glad you have Rhisho now though, I think he was sent to you so that you would have another companion to share your feelings with when kittyhawk must go. And I know Rhizho will help you be happy that kittyhawk is not suffering anymore.

And we'll give kittyhawk a great time before she goes! A big photoshoot and lots of yummy foods Will be very very fun and kitty will absolutely love it! And we'll have a great time with her

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo