Thread: Crying out for me when she can't find me- following me around the house?

Crying out for me when she can't find me- following me around the house?

right we have this kitten called pickle ( heres a little background):
    Pickle was born feral, but was left in the freezing cold and wet with no food by her mum because she had conjunctivitis and couldnt see
    My stepdad bought her home one day and kept her in a cat box
    i came home, saw her and fell in love with her.
    i spent my entire weekends playing with her and petting her
    we gave her medicine and she got better from the cat flu and conjuctivitus
    about a week later, i gave her a beanie baby that had my scent on it and showed her how to use the litter tray with it.
    a 3 week old kitten using a litter tray
    eventually it was time to let her out of the little pen we had built her
    so she was out,
    i walked into the kitchen to get some water..
    'mew'
    i looked round and pickle had followed me there.
    so i walked around a bit more, she was running after me, pawing at my trouser legs until i bent down and gave her a cuddle.

Anyway, enough with the background:
    now, wherever i go, pickle tries to follow me. ive asked my friends, they all think that pickle thinks im her mum.
    whenever i go in the shower and shut the door, or go in a room and shut the door behin dme, she cries really loudly until i let her in.
    its not a bad thing, but has anyone elses kitten done this? or is it just me?

She was parted from her mum at much too young an age - but for her own good as she has landed in a great place!

So you just work with it. She will need time to grow and develop, gain her confidence. Much of this is her young age. Keep her with you all you can, not because youa re "babying" her, but because that is just what little ones need. When she is about 9 to 12 weeks old, she will start being more independent. She just isn't physically and emotionally capable of "aloneness" just yet.

Pickle might do well if she had a little brother or sister to play with!
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

pickle

i agree with everything Freedom says. when Pickle is grown a little she herself will want to be more independent. right now she wants to be reassured all the time.

Pickle has 6 brothers by the way!
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes

Freedom's right. She was taken from her Mama WAY too soon and has formed a very strong bond with you.

I gotta say that the beanie baby/litterbox lesson is a new one for the books. I'll have to remember that.

Great job Pickle! Love the name too!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Oooops, sorry!! I corrected my post. Still love the name Pickle, though.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!