Thread: My little Nibbler has passed over to the bridge

My little Nibbler has passed over to the bridge

Hey everyone,

Haven't been around much lately (my laptop is busted) ... Unfortunately, I have some sad news. On Saturday morning, my little Nibbler was hit by a car. I know some of you may disagree with her being outside, but at the two houses I've lived at since she was about 6 months old, it's near impossible to keep cats inside (especially in summer). No fly screens, and housemates who smoke = many ways for cats to escape Luckily, I'm moving in two weeks to a place where I can better control Pixel and Randie staying inside.

As for my little darling ... My neighbour found her, and kindly wrapped her in a towel and put her in a little box for me so I could say goodbye. She looked so peaceful. For a little while, the box was sitting on a chair, and Randie jumped on the box and gave her a kiss. He was sooo devistated, it was awfully sad My neighbour, who owns his property, buried her in a lovely little corner of his yard (I only rent so didn't want to leave her there). My neighbour thought Nibbles was a cutie, so he was happy to do this. I am very grateful.

I'll always remember Nibbler as being a tiny, gorgeous little kitty with an affectionate nature. She was so well behaved, even with the other two trying to teach her bad tricks ... I will miss my little darling.

Here are some cute pics:

This thing is only going to allow me to post one:

Nibbles recent pic:

More pics, click on us:
    Nibbles big eyes!
    Kitten Pic!
    Another Kitten Pic!
    Nibbles and her Mum!

Now I'm going to go and cry again all over

EDIT: Fixing attachements

Tam
    Last edited by IttyBittyKitty; 05-15-2007 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Attachements!!

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

I am so sorry for your loss.
    my deepest condolences and sympathy go out to you.
    think of it this way- the little Niblet had a great life while she was in this unforgiving world-and now shes at the Rainbow bridge, so she can always be happy.
    i bet she'll be waiting for you.
    + it was Very kind of your neighbour to bury her in his yard. what a nice guy.
    i had to bury my cat peanuts at a rented house- we didnt have a choice really- and now we can't even visit his resting place because the tree stump has been torn up.
    Nibbles is so cute (i still say is, because although she may have shed her mortal coil, her soul will forever be entwined with your heart, and she will be playing until you get to the RB, so in my world, that makes them alive )
    Never think about how she died, or how young she was- just think of the huge kitten eyes and all the fluff, and the cuddles etc that comes bundled with the whole kitten package.
    RIP you little Niblet it's RB for you

I am so sorry to hear about little Nibbler! How tragic. RIP Sweetie.

I'm so sorry to hear about Nibblers passing. She sure was a gorgeous girl. RIP sweet Nibbler.

Thanks for the lovely thoughts everyone ... it is still so strange remembering only to get feed for two cats, flea treatment for two cats etc

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

How very sad and tragic. But Nibbles is now well and happy and she can play all she wants without danger. RIP, Nibbles.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I'm so very sorry. What a beautiful little kitty.

Deepest sympathy and hugs,

Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I still miss her ... I moved house on the weekend and it was sooo hard to move knowing that I've left her behind. She is probably having the time of her life on the bridge though!

So sorry to hear of Nibbler's passing, I know you miss her a lot, and will be missing her for a long time. I wish I could say something magical to heal your broken heart, but there is nothing to say except send you hugs.

Rest in peace, sweet Nibbler, and play and run free at the bridge.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Unhappy

Sleep softly, dear Nibbler...
    Nine is Fine!!

Unhappy

Nibbler got her wings in Tokoyo , one of the most exciting and vibrant cities in the world. Shes with the Pet Angel and Tubby and Tubby 2 are her Guardian Angels and they are showing her how to sneak bits of fish and fowl in the farmers markets.
    Shes sad that her death has made you sad, and wants you to know that she will visit and if you sense a feeling of warmth, iits her Angel.
    And you will be reunited in love in a far better place.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu
    Nibbler got her wings in Tokoyo , one of the most exciting and vibrant cities in the world. Shes with the Pet Angel and Tubby and Tubby 2 are her Guardian Angels and they are showing her how to sneak bits of fish and fowl in the farmers markets.
    Shes sad that her death has made you sad, and wants you to know that she will visit and if you sense a feeling of warmth, iits her Angel.
    And you will be reunited in love in a far better place.
    One Fine Day.
    Wow Catmandu ... that was just beautiful. I'm blown away ...!