Thread: Why is my bunny licking me??.......

Why is my bunny licking me??.......

probably this should go on pet behavior, but since not many come on over to pet section even less to pet behavior, so i posted this here. if need to move, please do so......

just the other day i was brushing my teeth in the bathroom where my bunny sleeps (I still have no cage ) and seeing he´s very friendly he always paws me and sits pretty and begs......LOL..... funny but true..... he begs when i approach the refrigerator adn wants a yummy from it...... so I was not surprised to feel his whiskers on my legs..... sniifing or whatever.....

but then..... i felt this warm/wet thing adn looked down to see him licking my leg!!...... why would that be?? is he licking me like a dog would lick?? or is it because i´m tasty....... LMAO!!...... why would my bunny be licking me?? if I kneel down he´ll lick my hand or whatever...... he´s so cute......

btw I had no cosmetic products/cream or anything on me he could have been licking at rather than me........

have you had this happend to you?? any explanations??
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I haven't had a bunny in quite a number of years, but could your bunny be licking you to get the salt from you?

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Awwwwwwwww! That's so cute! Yes it has happend to me! My old rabbit Baby whom I loved more than anything in the world, she use to lick me all the time. Whenever I called her name, she would come running to me and would lick my nose and everything.

And she licked me because she was happy and loved me back. So I think your bunny is licking you because he loves you It's so adorable. When a bunny licks you, then you truly have all its love and trust

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Tedd licks me all the time. More so my hands cause there is more salt there. It's because of the salt in your skin they like to lick (that's why they have licking blocks of salt).
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Salt and affection!

Yes I would say Salt(as Buttercup said) and affection. Because although I have salt on my skin too, my rabbit Kishii does not ever lick me and I believe its because she does not feel comfortable enough with me yet to lick me. It took my rabbit Baby a full year before she started licking me

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Jupiter licks then presents his head for petting. He sometimes gets offended if you don't return the gesture. He wont touch salt licks. He'll lick any one even any friendly furry animal.

Bailee does the same thing,But then she starts to nibble!

thank you for your inputs....... now I´m more happy!!

the affection I looooove..... he´s so cute and has gotten bigger (I NEEEED to find a usb to share pics ) I just hope he doesn´t nibbles LOL......

the salt intake...... good response...... thanks....... I should get him a salt block, but unfortunately I´ve seen none anywhere here...... bunny stuff is reduced to almost only pellets...... you really are lucky if you find anything else (hay you can get but it´s "for horses", cages are way small for rabbits and rabbit cages are too ugly, made for having them recluded somewhere away from human contact, that´s why I haven´t bought one and he seems happy having a bathroom to call home hehe) is there anything i can do other than order online? a homemade salt block? (until i can go to USA and get a few stuff)

I need to get also a litter pan, so far i´ve been using a (recogedor)... the thing you use with a broom to pick up dust adn stuff......
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Oslo sometimes licks too, but usually only when he's scared.

Niño & Eliza

Well do people have horses or other livestock in the area? You could buy a bigger salt lick and just give him a chunk. sometimes they sell the mineralized salt in gradual form for goats and sheep but it's more expensive.

But really if he's eating pellets there should be enough salt in that already. They add it now to the pellets.