Thread: Poor delicate, fragile Pepper ♥

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Poor delicate, fragile Pepper ♥

You might remember that we adopted Pepper from a no-kill shelter after all of her adoptions fell through because of her delicate, fragile health. The vet told us to take the poor darling home and just love her because her heart murmur is so bad that she would always be sickly and wouldn't have a long life. That was in 2003. She's never been sick except as a reaction to her innoculations.

Pepper is a "door darter". We always have to be very careful to make sure doors are closed or she's a streaking blur out the door. I flew home from Prudhoe Bay yesterday and was so anxious to see the cats that I neglected to make sure that the garage door was down before I opened the door to the house. Quicker than a flash, Pepper was through my legs, past Bobcat and out the garage door. (With 2 lumbering hooman's in chase). She ran to the next door neighbors and around their house so we lost sight of her.

We searched and called but didn't see her. I came in the house and ran upstairs to look from the balcony thinking that a different view would help. After carefully searching the ground (stupid me), I saw her watching me (naturally I grabbed the camera).

I called out to Bobcat. She'll run from me but she adores Bob so once she saw him, she jumped down to the lower roof.

She was seriously considering jumping into Bob's arms when a car drove by and scared her. She jumped back and no amount of coaxing would encourage her to come closer. So, I ran back downstairs and Bob and I struggled to get the ladder down off the garage wall so that we could rescue her. We managed to get it down (dinging the roof of the car in the process). As we prepared to take it next door......

How she got on the roof, we don't know. How she got down, we don't know. But, evidently she doesn't need our help! Her heart appears to be fine. Ours, on the other hand.........
    Last edited by kuhio98; 04-06-2008 at 06:15 PM.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Haha, you were her toy and she played you, lol! That's about the best story I've heard lately and I could just imagine what she was thinking, lol.

Well dear little Pepper you sure showed how wrong they were didn't you sweetheart. Four years later and here you are jumping on and off the roof and looking as healthy as can be. But please, be kind to meowmie and Bobcat and stop your darting out the door.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Wow! What a story. I'm glad that she finally got down and is now back home where it's safe. I think her heart is doing just fine.

Those pics of her watching you two are just too funny!! Fragile, huh?! What a great girl she is, lots of spunk!

Near Seattle in the beautiful Pacific Northwest

this picture says it all...Pepper you are quite the delicate, fragile, weakling...in disguise!
    Unfortunately all the world now knows your secret identity....Super Heroine Roof Cat! Leaping tall buildings with a single bound, faster than a speeding (or not so speedy) hooman.
    Ya need some Clark Kent glasses to complete the disguise.
    Tiger, Percy, Antoinette, Scooter,Norbert,Willy, Pippin
    www.tribeof7.com

Poor delicate, fragile Pepper

Oh Pepper, how in the world did you get your little self up on that roof? And how did you manage to get down so easily? Thank goodness you didn't get hurt or stuck where nobody could reach or help you. Please remember that your hoomins love you, please don't scare them like that again?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Totally hilarious (if not heart-stopping) what a girl!!!

I THINK THAT MY HERAT WOULD STOP IF A FOUND CAT EVER GOT UP THAT HIGH.
    AND ITS SO GREAT THAT THE dOCTORS WERE WRONG ABOUT PEPPER AND SHES HAVING A GREAT TIME WITH YOU EVEN IF SHE SCARES YOU ONCE IN A WHILE.
    WHAT A DEAR LITTLE CAT.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Omg, what a scary story!!

Our Inka did that to us too! She is NOT supposed to climb into trees, because of her handicap. But there she was, way up highg
    By the time I got a chair to stand on and grab her, miss Inka jumped on the gound, making a salto in the air . She was unharmed.....
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Someone obviously forgot to tell Pepper what a delicate litte mite she is! Glad she is safe and sound
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Pepper the Wondercat...out the door and up on the roof faster than you can say "meow." Looks like all that love worked, because Pepper doesn't sound so delicate now. As for how she got on the roof... Cats have their ways. My Luna has gotten on top of the fridge (a 6-foot jump) with the closest thing to jump from being the counter across the room. And in my old apartment, Howard used to somehow get on top of the kitchen door and perch there (of course, this was when he was much younger and much thinner). Mysteries, both of those, but definitely amusing.... Just like Pepper on the Roof

Pepper, you are a nawteebrat!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I love the way Pepper's looking at you from the roof - I think she climbed up there to watch the silly hoomans try to find her