Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: House Of Horrors

Quote Originally Posted by mugsy
    Chance at a normal life...not likely. Even if they get them away from that dysfunctional environment, they will have lasting brain damage from lack of nutrition and nurturing.
    That is what I was thinking too. I also wondered if the mom was on drugs while pregnant and came to the same possible conclusion that you did. They will need lots of love and some therapy and even with all of that there will be scars. It seems to me that no one was looking out for them at all. What a messed up family system.

This story just seemed like the most bizzare thing I'd ever heard of.
    Most posters seem to blame the mother in some way, but I don't think
    that's right. This guy forced drugs on her & kept her in a zombie like state.
    He probably didn't want to deal with her our his children so he could keep
    his gambling room open. I feel bad for her & even worse for the poor kids.

It might take years to overcome their mental, emotional and health
    problems ,if ever.

quote:

" Dove, 45, plied his wife, Tamara, with prescription painkillers, cocaine and crack, and forbade her to go outside, police said. Thompson said he did not expect the 37-year-old mother would be lucid enough to be interviewed for weeks".
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Liz, my question is...did he FORCE her to take the drugs or was she a drug user anyway and allowed him to do what he wanted to do? That was all I was asking. The whole family sounds screwed up anyway.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Quote Originally Posted by mugsy
    Liz, my question is...did he FORCE her to take the drugs or was she a drug user anyway and allowed him to do what he wanted to do? That was all I was asking. The whole family sounds screwed up anyway.

The whole family is screwed up for sure.I do think the article indicated
    the wife was druged to the point she could not function at all.We'll never
    know for sure, but that's way the article sounded to me.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

As I started to read this I thought it would be another compulsive hoarding situation, but it sounds even worse than that. Luckies4me, what a terrifying experience that must have been for you.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom
    Luckies4me, what a terrifying experience that must have been for you.
    You know honestly, I don't recall too much of what happened since I was so young. I do remember her not letting us eat though. At that age I could have cared less if I showered or not, lol. I hated that place though. They took care of us but I wasn't able to leave for a year or so. The sad thing was my dad had nothing to do with it, but for some reason they wouldn't give us to him. I stayed in that place a year, and shortly after I got out they closed the place down due to molestation going on. Sad isn't it? Some kids went from one bad situation to the other. I'm just glad I wasn't one of them!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.