Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog doused in gas and set on fire...

Dog doused in gas and set on fire...

This story made me so sick I wanted to throw up when I read it, but I thought I would spread the word about the rescue fund that has been set up. I personally can't afford to send anything (such is a university student's life) but I thought the least I could do was spread the word. On the website www.ehowa.com (which is Ernie's House Of Whoopass) he has outlined the story and how to send donations in possible. He also has all the links to the story of 10 month old Daisy.

There is some pretty graphic pictures of poor Daisy on those links, but they also show her amazing spirit. Also, for those of you who find swearing/*some* naked pictures offensive, Ernie's webpage has a lot of both of those. The dog stories are the first listed today but let's just say he's "opinionated" and really likes women

Let's all pray for Daisy and her speedy recovery!

That is a sad sight. People are really helping out though and that is the great part of spreading the word - no matter where you spread it- the dog needs help and it don't matter where it comes from.

Oh my gosh, that is so terrible, my stomach is in a knot. How could someone be so cruel. I don't understand it. I fell like crying, but that would not help poor brave Daisy. Prayers are on the way for that sweet dog. Just aweful.

P.S ernie's website was a shocker, but his intentions are good to help Daisy.

UPDATE OF SORTS

That is horrible!!! I cannot understand some people....

Here is an update from Ernie's site...

Latest update: July 12, 10:48pm.
    Well kids, we did it.

I had a phone conversation with Jamey from the Humane Society yesterday evening, and I'm pleased to report they are completely inundated with donations, which is a good thing.

Just from people donating via this website, we've managed to raise $10,300 in just over 24 hours...even now we're closing in on $13,000. In three words, WE KICK A$$.

Comfortable that Daisy's medical expenses will be covered, Jamey reports that it's okay for people to hold off on further donations for her at this time! He also reports that any donated money left over after Daisy's bills are all settled, will be used to fund their Cruelty Investigation Unit, and hopefully keep other Daisy's from happening.

I would suggest however, for any of you who still feel the "need for speed" and have to scratch their their donation-itch, you donate whatever you had earmarked for Daisy, instead to your town's local Humane Society. Remember they all are funded completely off donations.

As of yesterday, the docs were starting to remove the bandages around Daisy's legs, and were very pleasantly suprised to see new tender pink tissue already growing. Thanks to a aid of a pain patch that is sewn into her skin every 72 hours, she isn't feeling much of the agony she would otherwise feel from her burns. And while she's certainly not up and chasing balls, she is moving aroud without too much discomfort. An additional positive sign is she is beginning to open her eyes when she's moving around and walking around objects (as opposed to bumping into them when she first arrived) which is a good indication to her improving eyesight.

In short, things are certainly looking up for our poor barbecued dog.

The vets say, with the exception of some ugly scars, they expect this poor pooch to make a full and complete recovery. And since she has so many people willing to help out, she won't be marching down that long road alone. What she needed desperately needed to survive when this whole ordeal began was money, care, and time. We all certainly took care of the money, the staff at the veterinary hospital are providing the care, and well, time is time.

Reports of Daisy's progress will be frustratingly slow going from here on out. As much as I'd like to, I won't be able to say that by this time tomorrow she'll be up and dancing, unfortunately. Nay, instead Daisy's progress will be something to the effect of, "Daisy walked around for 10 minutes today before getting all tired out and having to be carried back to her kennel, where as three days ago she could only walk for 8."

And so with promised weekly updates from Jamey at HSNT, I'll be updating this page with the same frequency. Suffice to say for now, we all can be very pleased not only with ourselves but with Daisy's recovery. Thank you all.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Thanks Kimmy, that makes my heart feel a little bit better today!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Made me feel better also. So good to hear she is coming along even if its slow.

That makes me sick. I hope that poor dog is ok
    but it's good to hear she is doing well

Mercedez my little princess.
    Chet, It's been a while but you have not been forgotten
    Ceasar&Cricket, your legacy goes on.
    Spark's, you are missed.
    Sugar&Spice , my dynamic duo of Shepherd Doggies.

That's great news, I am so happy to hear that.

YAY!! I`m glad to hear she`s doing good!

Argh, people can be such idiots! That brought tears to my eyes when I read about her! But.. I'm glad to hear that the dog is doing better! - Rachel
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Here is the original link with July 25th update. Remember that this is a adult type site and has some foul language - so if that bothers you. He has 3 pictures to click on to see. The 3rd one is very very graphic and the most horrid picture I have ever seen of dog abuse.
    www.ehowa.com BE WARNED

Ernie's site is a definite shocker but the important thing is he got the word out. WAY TO GO ERNIE!!!

What that sick f$%#@ did is horrendous and I hope someone throws gas on him when he's sleeping and ignites it.

No sentence will be good enough for that pig. I hope he rots in hell for what he did to that poor Daisy.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Can't find the story?

I went to the website www.ehowa.com but can't find the story about Daisy...can anyone help me to find it there.