View Poll Results: What brand of Diapers is the best?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Huggies

9 29.03%
  • Pampers

8 25.81%
  • Luvs

3 9.68%
  • Other

11 35.48%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: diaper Poll

Cloth

I HATE HATE HATE Huggies- they would leak everytime!

With my oldest, we used the Wal-mart White Cloud. When she got older, we switched to Pampers for just at night time.

With my youngest, we started with the White Cloud but I have since switched to cloth!
    Chris

My mom uses Pampers with my baby sister.
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

I really wish I could use cloth diapers full time but it's just too darn expensive. Does anyone know how to make using cloth diapers less spendy? I already have some, and pins, but I can't find any plastic pants around here anywhere! Heck, it was almost impossible finding cloth diapers period, and this is Eugene! You think It'd be easier to find that stuff here since we are the land of hippies.

From those who use cloth diapers, how many do you go through in a day? How long before you do a load of them? Do they smell really bad? Just any info would be appreciated.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Quote Originally Posted by luckies4me
    I really wish I could use cloth diapers full time but it's just too darn expensive. Does anyone know how to make using cloth diapers less spendy? I already have some, and pins, but I can't find any plastic pants around here anywhere! Heck, it was almost impossible finding cloth diapers period, and this is Eugene! You think It'd be easier to find that stuff here since we are the land of hippies.

From those who use cloth diapers, how many do you go through in a day? How long before you do a load of them? Do they smell really bad? Just any info would be appreciated.
    Me dear ol' MIL told me how she used to do it. Take a corner of the used diaper, hold it in a toilet, flush. Then, just set the diapers aside until you can wash them in your regular washer (although she did have a diaper service part of the time, I believe).

I know! You'd think we'd be able to find more of that stuff here! No joking, I'm wondering if maybe Sweet Potato Pie carries them? It's a long shot but I've purchased clothes there so mebbe they have little diapers? Target in Shreveport carried cloth diapers so maybe they have them here, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenisrubber
    No joking, I'm wondering if maybe Sweet Potato Pie carries them? It's a long shot but I've purchased clothes there so mebbe they have little diapers?
    That's what I was thinking. I need to head over there to see if they have any Maya wraps for the baby. Their website online doesn't offer much information. Hopefully I can head on over there sometime this week...if I don't pop by then! LOL!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Quote Originally Posted by luckies4me

My MIL (sirrahbed) made pretty much all of my cloth diapers. We looked around online and found some free patterns. She printed them off and ordered some fabric (also online) and then played around with them. She is a whiz with a sewing machine. She made them for around $7-8 a piece. We used the pocket style diapers so the outer is made of waterproof material. I found a great lady online who makes hemp inserts for a reasonable price and I'm working on building up my stash of inserts.

My baby is about 7 months old and we go through about 7 a day. I use disposable at nights. I have a covered trash can in then downstairs bathroom that I keep a large wet bag in. I toss the diapers in there when they are wet. If they are dirty, I swish it around in the toilet a few times and then toss it in the trash can. (I also keep a small covered trash can up in her room). I run them through the wash about the end of every second day or the start of every third day. I could probably go about one more day but by then my washer starts to get full.

As far as smell. They don't stink up my house. I keep a little bit of baking soda in the bottom of each trash can. When I go to wash them, they have some smell to them but it is contained in the trash can. I wash all the diapers, the wetbags, and any dirty bibs, washcloths, etc, all together.

Hope that helps to answer some of your questions! I love cloth and wish I would have started it sooner!
    Chris

I was totally all set on using cloth (which I didn't find expensive at all, but, I think the place I ordered all my supplies from is OOB), until Jonah came along. Frankly, I just couldn't imagine having the time/energy to do it. And, having the first 6 months that I did, I made the right choice- for me.

I used Pampers Swaddlers until he outgrew them. Now? I **only** use Huggies Supreme. ONLY. Nothing fit him like Huggies, nothing contained the leak, etc. Like someone said above, it all depends on your baby.

I wouldn't use Pampers (excluding swaddlers) if you gave them to me. Nothing like having a non-stretchy plastic, elastic waist.

I guess I never realized how different babies react to different diapers. I had hoped that later in my pregnancy I would determine what would be the best diapers to use and start buying them then, a package at a time (in different sizes) so I would have them. I think instead I will start a 'diaper fund' and put some money away every pay so it's not too much of a hit in the pocketbook when the baby is here, and I can try different kinds. I think I've been too naive....thanks guys!

I use Huggies on Mimi and only Huggies. Everything else would either leak or cause/contribute to a massive yeast infection.

I wonder if the size/shape of the baby makes a difference regarding different brands leaking? Mimi is a tiny peanut, barely 25lbs at 2 years and everything else leaks terribly. Huggies never has. I know other folks with bigger kids say Huggies leak. Maybe Huggies work better for smaller kids while Pampers/Luvs would better for heavier ones. Just my random thought for the day.

JenBKR- if you can buy your diapers at a BJ's/Costco/Sam's you can get quite a savings. We buy Huggies at Bj's and get 3 sleeves per package for the same price as 2 sleeves at the grocery store. The boxes are great for playing in and storage too!
    The complete Knit-wit and occasional domestic diva.

Going to a church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

I have ordered free samples of several diapers to try on the grandbabies. I know a couple came from Walmart site -
    (oops it now says the samples are gone) but that it still my favoprite freebie site

I tried googling "diaper sample" and there are several links there now.

I only have a few weeks of diaper experience. We've only used Seventh Generation diapers and we really like them.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Quote Originally Posted by Maresche
    I wonder if the size/shape of the baby makes a difference regarding different brands leaking? Mimi is a tiny peanut, barely 25lbs at 2 years and everything else leaks terribly. Huggies never has. I know other folks with bigger kids say Huggies leak. Maybe Huggies work better for smaller kids while Pampers/Luvs would better for heavier ones. Just my random thought for the day.
    Maybe that is it. While Jones is tall, he isn't very big around. At 2.5 years of age, he still fits into some 12/18 month shorts/pants- waist wise. He didn't get his slimmyness from his momma, that's for sure.

I have a little brother and always make sure we NEVER get pampers for him.

It's tested on animals ... Huggies is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic
    I was totally all set on using cloth (which I didn't find expensive at all, but, I think the place I ordered all my supplies from is OOB), until Jonah came along. Frankly, I just couldn't imagine having the time/energy to do it. And, having the first 6 months that I did, I made the right choice- for me.

I used Pampers Swaddlers until he outgrew them. Now? I **only** use Huggies Supreme. ONLY. Nothing fit him like Huggies, nothing contained the leak, etc. Like someone said above, it all depends on your baby.

I wouldn't use Pampers (excluding swaddlers) if you gave them to me. Nothing like having a non-stretchy plastic, elastic waist.

See that is my frame of mind. I just dont think I can handle all the extra "work" with cloth. LOL I am fully prepared to be TOTALLY overwhelmed with figuring out how take care of my first baby lol. Plus.... I don't do my own laundry (hubby takes care of my laundry.... I'm so lucky lol) I couldn't imagine wanting to do it more often with cloth diapers. I just know me.... and the way I am... and I just don't think I could do it lol.

Do all of these brands have velcro fasteners?

Jen..... I signed up on huggies, pampers and Luvs for coupons for diapers and stuff. I figure they will come in quite handy while trying out to see what works.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by JenBKR
    I think instead I will start a 'diaper fund' and put some money away every pay so it's not too much of a hit in the pocketbook when the baby is here, and I can try different kinds.

This is a GREAT idea!!...... and really functional one.........

I canīt vote cause I used a store brand thatīs made in my country, so you donīt have it there, but I tried Huggies (never bought them, they were given at a diaper baby shower, too expensive), Pampers, white cloud (which I bought while in USA), and several other brands made in my country..... and yes your babies (sparks and Jen) will let you know what works better.....the one that fits better, contains leaks, last longer, holds on better, doesnīt rips, etc.....

a diaper fund is best so you can buy and try...... when trying you can buy a small bag of them, once you are sure, buy the bigger one it may be more $$ but it will last longer and try to have a back up bag just in case you ran out and never notice..... or buy them as a regular basis item like every week or every two weeks......
    Corinnaīs Christmas Card Swap ī06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da Houseī10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365