Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Northern CA Meeting *Reminder: July 14 meet!*

Northern CA Meeting *Reminder: July 14 meet!*

Now that it's summer and the weather is nice and bright, I think it's time for another Nor Cal PT meeting! I think it's been two years since our last one ( ) so we're long overdue!

It seems we're a bit spread out so everybody can help decide on a location. Cindy and I went to Pt. Isabel the other day and I think it would be a *greyt* meeting place. However, if you guys are willing to drive, Fort Funston in SF is so much fun. These two areas are the biggest and the most fun, IMO, but if you know of any other parks, please share!
    Last edited by Giselle; 07-05-2007 at 02:00 PM.

I'm in. I have no idea of any dog parks, except Pt Isabel. But I'd be willing to drive a little for a meeting.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I'd vote for Pt Isabel since I have an irrational aversion to going to SF if I can avoid it.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

LOL, yeah, we got lost on our second visit to Fort Funston. It was also raining that day, but when it's sunny, that beach is so much fun.

Hmm, where are caseysmom and bckrazy???

You guys decide and I will try to make it...both my daughters are running me ragged with their sports/work, etc....I really would love to go though.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Well, I'm okay with going to Pt Isabel again. I kind of agree with Cathy about going into SF. If that's okay with everyone else.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Aw, c'mon ya big weenies! S.F. is not the BIG BAD BOOGEYMAN-LAND y'all are envisioning! Really! It's nice! Just ask Woflady, KAK and Laurie who ventured into the Big Bad City in February - we had a BLAST!
    Last edited by RedHedd; 05-08-2007 at 06:24 PM.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Oh, I love SF just for the fact of Union Square, but Ft. Funston is a long ways drive for anybody on the other side of the bay. I don't think I'll have time to go until mid-summer, actually.

So do we all agree on Pt Isabel? If guys need instructions, here's the website: http://pido.org/

Now, we just need to set a date! I'm free on the weekends and can do Saturday/Sunday afternoons

I'm sorry. I didn't mean for anyone to take that the wrong way. It's not the city itself that I have the problem with. It's the drive, especially with the freeway problems right now (the tanker explosion). Honestly, I've only actually been into the city like twice in the almost four years I've lived here in Concord. It's all the one way streets and such (just like Sacramento) that I have a problem with. And since I would probably be coming by myself, that's stressful to me.
    Our summers can get pretty busy with boating and things. But if we can come up with a date, I'll mark it on my calendar. And I think my friend wants to come too and bring her Boxer, Tessa.

If we're going to do a weekend, I vote we do it in July, because I'll be working weekends until then. I vote for the 29th, it's my birthday. ^_^

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Hey, I'm fine with anything! Maybe we could do a meeting in June and one on July 29? I'm just so excited to meet all of you and get a PT meeting rolling.

Come to think of it, I can do any day anytime from June 4 - June 18, but I'm not sure if that would clash with any of your guys' plans. Is anybody free then?

Yeah, this month is pretty well booked. As long as I know far enough in advance, I will know if I am free. At this point we have no "set" plans. Bruce is pretty spontaneous sometimes.
    And July 29th works for me (unless we end up having to move our offices that weekend, which I hope NOT!!)

I'm free every Friday until the end of June.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Great! So how about June 8 or June 15 at 11:30AM @ Pt. Isabel?

I work Monday thru Friday.