Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I saw a rabbit being badly treated in petshop.

I saw a rabbit being badly treated in petshop.

I went to a pet shop called 'Two by Two' ( name and shame) here in B'ham England. I was buying Cadbury and Twinkle a new hutch, while I was standing in the line to be served, 2 young assistants had a mini lop baby rabbit at the front of the store. Firsty they started passing it to each other. They where laughing and shouting. At this point I thought poor little thing, you could tell it was frightened as lop rabbits ears hang. This little rabbits ears where back, an indication it was terrified. There was a pile of cussions on the counter the next thing I knew was one of the assistants put the rabbit on top and started to bounce it up and down on top of them. I had never seen anything like it before. The lady behide me said to the ' won't it be frightenen by that. at this point I stepped in by saying yes it would. I asked to speak to the manager but he wasn't there. The lady and i agreed that we would both call tomorrow and make a complaint.

Not a nice experience to witness.

Some people don't seem to understand that rabbits are not stuffed animals, they are live creatures with feelings just as a dog or cat or bird. Because they aren't often vocal, people assume less about them. I am glad you both will complain to the manager, hopefully the employees will get a stern talking-to.

Poor baby bunny!

That is so mean! Poor little bunny! I'm glad you are filing a complaint. Pet shops of that sort should be suspended for scaring and harming innocent little animals!!

Awwwwwwwwwwww, poor bunny.

Poor bunny! I'd report it to animal control. I'd also either call the corporate offices of the company (if they have one) and the manager of the store and file a complaint.

That is animal abuse and should not be tolerated. Those kids were employees of the store and should be fired immediately!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

That's awful! I hope you do get to call and complain, this shouldn't be allowed!

Please sign my guestbook if you have the time

I just hate that, what is wrong with people. I saw a bird sitting in the trash closet covered in furniture, newspaper and other rubbish. I asked to speak to the manager and threatened to call the police if the bird was not placed in a more proper area. The poor bird did not even have any food or water. The manager said that it ws there because it was sick and should not be around other birds. I told him that the bird was dying without food/water/attention. People just make me sick sometimes.

How mean! That poor little bunny.

Do IT!

Do follow-up with the manager and owner of the store. Those clerks have NO BUSINESS working there and if they treat a rabbit like that chances are they'll do something similar to other animals.

And then there are the people who don't understand why some rabbits aren't sweet, lovable creatures wanting to be held and cuddled......after an experience like that, I wouldn't like humans either!!! This is terrible!

Let us know what happens.....(kinda surprised you didn't rescue that little baby Heather!!! )
    Mom to 9 wonderful bunnies and an energetic young cat from you-know-where.
    Bunny Basics educator
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Noah, Casey, Daisy, Marie, Velvet, Emma, Robbie, Chocolate

Yea I was waiting for her to be like, I jumped in there snatched the bunn yand refused to give it back, I then just walked out. LOL I could see it now! Good call and complain I would! I once complained to the manger for a half hour cause a dog didn't have water. he got kinda mad at me cause he walked away, and I followed him, I wasn't done with him yet.
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Re: Do IT!

Originally posted by Daisylover
    [Let us know what happens.....(kinda surprised you didn't rescue that little baby Heather!!! ) [/B]
    I think the reason why they had it was because someone was buying it from the store.

I think that they where utterly embarressed by the fact that the other lady and I had spoke our minds.

I tried calling again but had no luck as the manager wasn't there AGAIN. Instead I am writting to him.

Let you all know how it goes.

THanks Heather for the update. Do write the manager/owner whoever he/she is. That treatment was TOTALLY uncalled for!

Unfortunately we continue to get bunnies turned into the sanctuary. We're accepting only "buinnies in crisis" and have turned away about 15 requests in the past 2 wks....from people who just wanted to give up their bunnies. It is just so terribly sad. I've contacted the local paper, hoping to interest them in the story...we'll see if they are interested. I just don't understand how people can take an animal for a few weeks and then want to give it up......
    Mom to 9 wonderful bunnies and an energetic young cat from you-know-where.
    Bunny Basics educator
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Noah, Casey, Daisy, Marie, Velvet, Emma, Robbie, Chocolate

Hi, I do hope that the news paper can help out with trying to find all of those bunnies new homes. Keep up the good work.

That's terrible! It was definetly the right thing to do to ask to speak to the manager. The poor rabbit.
    *jelly mcbean + maddie*

You know I never ever heard anything from the manager after writting that letter. Bad isn't it!