Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pet's name and why...

Pet's name and why...

A dog named Tango, he was named Tango because he dances on his hind legs.
    -And a fish named Roy, he is named Roy because he is evry color of the rainbow. Roy is short for ROYGBIV (ROYGBIV: the way to remember the colors in order).

Honey is "Honey" because her mother was "Johnston's Brown Sugar".....and I thought "Honey" was unique and was in keeping with that name. Little did I know that there are many Golden Retrievers named Honey.......and now a precious Chow baby named "Huney" too!! Honey's registered name is "Helen's Sweet Honey". And she really is!!

Lilly is "Lilly" because we wanted to name her after a flower....and Helen also loved a book called "Lilly and the Purple Plastic Purse". So we combined "Lilly" with "Tiger Lily" and got our Lilly. Lilly's registered name is "Givens Tiger Lilly".

We love them both so much we are sappy about it.

Teddy Bear got his name cause he is juts one big fluffy Teddy bear.
    Chewy got his name well cause one his full name if Chewy don't chew on that and two becasue he chews on EVERYTHING.
    Misty got her name cause she has a hint of gray in her and we were only little
    Hoss got his name cause my littel brothers name is Little Hoss my Older brothers nick name is Mediom Hoss and my oldest brothers name is Big hoss, so Hoss was named Mr. Hoss, (my little borthers cat.)
    Buddy got his name cause on x-mas when my oldest brotehr say him he said hey little buddy and it stuck
    Smokey got her name casue she is a grey color
    Tundra got her name cause she is white like the tundra
    Melony and Hope got there names cause i promised my friend I would name one after her bunny and the other hope in hope her other bunny didn't catch what her cage mate died from
    Guy got his name cause we always called him little guy
    Kitty got her name cause she is a cat fish
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

I named Simba because The Lion King is my favorite movie.... and Simba is my favorite charactor! I named my one gold fish Nelly because he's a black moor goldfish and well Nelly is my favorite rapper and he's black! The others just needed names and i gave them to them lol... I even forget them sometimes lol

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I named my cat Muffin cuz he is as sweet as a muffin!
    I named my gerbil Sam becuase I liked the name Samantha but I call her Sam for short! Her original name was Salem but we changed it.
    I got my duck when I was 9, so I dont remember about his name, I just remembered that my brother gave him that name. lol.
    My birds names are Mr. & Mrs. Tweety cuz it seems as though ALWAYS chirping!

At the time I got Duke, my boyfriend had a female shepherd named Duchess so I thought it would be cute to have a Duke in the family as well.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Oreo got her name because she is black and white.
    I named Sara...just something told me she looked like a Sara!
    My dad named my cat, Clairice, whom was a stray that we found and kept. He named her after that lion Clairence(spelling)that was on tv or something.

Drake is named after Sir Francis Drake, an explorer who is famous for his circumnavigation of the world in the sixteenth century.

Andrew and I love traveling and exploring new places and we thought Drake was a good name for the furkid. Little did we know that he would live up to his name and is quite the explorer/adventure junkie!

Miss Daisy was named after the charactor in the movie which we loved "Driving Miss Daisy"
    Perry was already named by his breeder, his actual name is
    "Dom Perignon" after that great champagne. What do they say' fine as wine'
    Jackie

Logan, I like the names Honey and Lily. I have never heard of a golden retriever that was named Honey, the most popular names that I have heard are Shadow and Duke.

That is so hilarious how Chewy got his name, I laughed so hard when I read that. Ha!

I think that is the first dog that I have heard that was named after a wine, I think it's cute though.

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    I'm actually not to sure how my dogs got their names they both had them when I got them and I thought they were cute names so I didn't bother changing them.

I think Smudge got his name though because he has some Smudges of white on his chest, and paws...either that or because he's a smudge of this and a smudge of that.

While Winter got her name because she was born in the winter but she was actually born in the fall but oh well, the name seem to fits her because at times she can be a little cold and distant but like the Alberta weather she has major chinooks that kind of melts her heart.

man that last line was corny.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

I dont think that it was corny. I also think that Smudge is a cute name, very unique.

"Carina" means "little darling" in Italian. That was the first thought that came to my mind when I saw her coming down from the car when my brother brought her from New Jersey. Although not little any longer, she has lived up to her name.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..