Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pet's name and why...

Anna was already named when we got her..
    Rosie, my brother named her "Rose" but my dad wanted to add the "ie" on the end, so it's Rosie.. Don't know how that happened really. It just stuck. - Rach
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Let's see.....

Jewel --When I got her, I also got another cat that I named Jake. I wanted their names to start with the same letter, and there was a lady I went to church will named Juelle. So I decided on Jewel. And it has worked out well, because she is the "Jewel" of the family!

Blue --My husband's granddaddy named him. He said that Blue's spots were blue, even though everyone tried to tell him they were black!

Mama --Her name was really Brown Bay to start with. Brown for the color of her eyes, and Bay for the way that she barked. But then one day, my neice, a year old at the time, decided that she wanted to run out to the road, with a car coming. Mama tore out of nowhere and bit her shirt, pulled her all the way down to the ground and stood over her until I got there. The name just seemed to fit after that, and she anwsered to it.

Dixie Belle--My husband wanted to call her Dixie. I liked the name Belle, which is French for beautiful. So we combined them.

Beautiful--The lady I got her from had named her that, and as she was already six months old, I didn't want to change it.

Otto--Honestly, I don't know. I really wanted to name him George W. Bush (I got him right after 9-11) but somehow we started to call him Otto. I am clueless on where the name came from.

Prince-- He was three weeks old when we brought him home. I remember sitting on the couch, hold him in one hand, he was so tiny. The name Prince just came to me. And the way he bosses Belle around, I really believe he grew into it.

Missie Rose--The people we got her from had named her Missy. We liked that, but I wanted to spell it differently, so I did. And I like my AKC dogs to have middle names, so I had to come up with one. Since the first thing she tore up was my rosebush, I picked Rose.

I think that is everyone.
    My pets are usually pleased with what I do, because they are not inflected with the concept of what I SHOULD be doing. My time is owned by: Missie,Thor, and Trinity!

Male shepherd Registered: Rio Oso Vom Waldenhaus
    Rio (River in spanish) Oso (Bear in spanish) last name is the kennels name. We were in Alaska when we purchased Rio. The river is notorious for the bears to hang around at. So we figured since it was fitting, it stuck. He's also know by many other names:

Rio
    Stinkaloopagus
    B*tthead
    Mammas baby

Female shepherd is a purebred rescue: Jazz. She also goes by:

Jazzmina Willamina
    Counter Cruizer
    Daddy's girl.

Geez, I've lost my mind...I thought I had posted to this thread....ok....everybody ready??? lol

Sox: named after my beloved White Sox

Tigger: named after my favorite Pooh character and I didn't want a dog named Charlie after Charles Manson (the moron who had him for a week named him Charlie because he had a black cross on his forehead like Manson does...Stupid people)

Jasmine: named by Mike because the name came to him while he was washing his car

Shawna: named after my school which is Shawnee and Mike didn't want a dog named Shawnee so we settled on Shawna

George: the first words out of Mike's mouth when I brought the little guy in the house was, " Hey George, how ya doin'?"

Serenity: came named, but they chose it because she had found her serenity at the SPCA rather than being shot by the idiot that brought her in. Btw...Serene is NOT the word to describe this dog! lol

Billy: renamed from Debo (I didn't want a dog named after a demon) and again, Mike just started calling him Billy

DeeDee: came named

Vonney: came named

Dudley: came named

Sophie: came named

Daisy Mae: Guess who started calling her that when the guy brought her over.

Jessie: named by default because when we got Dudley, we were supposed to get a dog from this shelter whose name was Jessie, so I went out and got a tag made and when it didn't work out, we had the tag, so decided that the next dog we got, it's name (whether it was male or female) would be Jessie

Max: came named

Sammy: came named

ZZZZZZ....Ok everyone...WAKE UP!!! I'm finally done.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Loki
    Very cheeky dog named after the scandinavian god of mischief.

Django
    After the western because he roamed around a lot

Saytan
    After the sami name for the brave

Jackson Redd

I chose Jack's name because I wanted a one or two syllable name because I would be giving him a lot of commands (we're going to start him in agility) and it would make it easier for him to respond (atleast that's what all the books say). I know a lot of cattledogs with good names like Buck, Gus, Jaybo, Fly, Zyp, and Chase. I didn't want to use those names so a friend suggested Jack. I added the -son and Redd because I thought it would sound more formal, a name he could be proud of when people asked his name!

I had my rat, Master Splinter, for a month before I came up with a name for him. When my brothers were younger they used to watch Ninja Turtles all the time, and Master Splinter was the old wise rat in the show/movie. My brothers just kept calling him that so it stuck and it fits him very well because he acts so wise and sophisticated when he rides on my shoulder like all other animals are below him!
    Last edited by Redd; 07-23-2002 at 10:56 AM.
    Luvv > Rachel, Jackson Redd, Master Splinter, and Pig Pen

My ImageStation
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291529791