Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Found a Tick On Me!

I Found a Tick On Me!

Ugh...it was so gross. I was taking a shower and I looked down and there is a tick embedded in my upper thigh. I literally freaked out and jumped out of the shower. I grabbed a tissue (the only thing I could think of) and tried to pull it off with that. After about 15 tries, it finally came out.

Now the area where the tick was is hot, sore and red. There isn't a bulls eye (sign of a Lyme tick) but I'll be watching it carefully.

I've only had one other time where a tick was on me and it came off when I was in the shower. This is the first time it stuck to me like glue. It was so gross.

I hate ticks with a passion.

I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Ewww. Ticks are so, so gross. The good news is, I'm assuming you shower every day, so you would have noticed it sooner had it been on you for more than 24 hours. I'm pretty sure the chances of it transmitting something to you in less time than that are very slim, but definitely keep an eye on it anyways.

Oh My Gosh!Poor you i would have pannicked!!!

I read before that if you take a Q-tip with some liquid soap and hold it on the tick for several minutes, it is suppose to back out on it's own. Never had to try it though so I do not know if it works. Maybe even vaseline? Something that will smother it, the tick is suppose to come off with the Q-tip. I guess worth a shot, that way you know you got the whole thing.

Eww eww eww! I would have freaked. I get disgusted about them when they are on dogs at my work I couldnt imagine having on IN me!

Good thing you realised and got it out. Hope your ok.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Ewwww...this thread made me remeber when I had a tick on me. I screamed and screamed and wouldn't stop! Keep a close eye on your leg. Just wondering: where did you get the tick at?
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

UUGGHHH!! Poor you. I'd have freaked out as well finding one of those horrid things latched onto me.

Hope your leg is ok.
    Dogs are not our whole lives but they make our lives whole.

www.tmhudsonfineart.co.uk

YIKES!!!! Get to the doctor if it looks strange. How awful for you!! I hope it's ok.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Unfortunately ticks are a part of life here in NJ. I have found them on all of my dogs over the years. The last time I had one attached to me was years ago. I am frequently checking myself after a long time out in the yard. Now with Frontline it is not a problem for the dogs, but I don't think it would be a good idea for hubby to apply Frontline to me. Seriously, you will probably be fine. If there was a bull's eye rash I would be concerned and, should you develop any symptoms of Lyme disease, you should see your doctor. Also, there is nothing that will make them "back out." You just have to pull them out with tweezers and apply alcohol to the area.

Yuck! I'd be freaking too! We don't have a lot of problems with ticks here *knocks on wood* and the dogs use Frontline Plus so hopefully they are safe. I've had ticks on me before but it was years ago. It is very upsetting trying to get them off of you.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Gross! I hate ticks so much, they are so scary cause of those freaky legs they have that keep themselves latched to you. I had one in the side of my neck before and it went unoticed for awhole two weeks. It was just in the side of my neck where my shirts cover and I have some little moles on my neck so I would have thought it was another mole if it weren't for my mom one day seeing it.

I was so freaked out and I cried and everything, mom took me to the hospital to get it out that way we could make sure the head was out too. But now I am fine

I just hope one doesn't come on me again.

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Ticks

I HATE ticks too!
    i just moved my horse to a new farm with really tall green pasture in the back.
    i only let my horse go back there about once a week and the first time she went out there she hgot about 15 ticks on her they were everwhere you could think of ,i had two other people helping me and it took about a hour to get them all!!

Not a fan of ticks either. I've had one on my thigh before. Not embedded. Gives you the creepy crawlies for the rest of the day. Yuck!

Knock on wood the past couple of years I haven't seen any. I spend alot of time in the NH woods during the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyGurl
    Ewwww...this thread made me remeber when I had a tick on me. I screamed and screamed and wouldn't stop! Keep a close eye on your leg. Just wondering: where did you get the tick at?
    Probaby in the woods or the high grass I walk in. Even though I wear long pants, socks & a long shirt. It may of been on Fenway and then decided it would eat me. Gross. I've had them in the bed with me...seriously gross. Next thing you know, I feel something crawling on my arm and low & behold it's a tick. I hate ticks sooo much.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

I didnīt replied because I was so freaked just by reading it!! ....... I mean didnīt you feel it ?(obviosly not, but the idea of not feeling them until itīs too late freked me out).......

I hate when mosquitos bite me and to think a tick can do the same and not be able to feel......... yuck yuck yuck

how are you today? has the red/sore gone?

P.S. forgive me if i sound rude, Iīm not, Iīm just totally ticked about the possibility of being in your shoes...... hehe
    Corinnaīs Christmas Card Swap ī06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da Houseī10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365