Thread: Gift Dog Dies

Gift Dog Dies

I just sent an email to our local paper regarding this story. I said the Mack family was irrisponsible & should never be allowed to own dogs again. In short, this kids dog was shot a few months back because it killed a neighbors chickens. Some guy offered his OWN dog to this kid to replace the one that was killed. Well now this dog was hit by a car and killed. This is not the first time a dog owned by this family has been run over & killed. It's probably the 4th or 5th. I am sooooooooooooooooo mad & disgusted!!!

Gift dog dies; had replaced one fatally shot

Londonderry – Months after a local youth’s dog was shot and killed, a new dog given to him by a stranger has also died, this time when it got hit by a car.

“The dog did pass away, unfortunately,” said Police Capt. Bill Hart.

In April, a Siberian Husky owned by then-16-year-old D.J. Mack was shot by neighbor Harold Morrissette when the dog attack his chickens, killing four. The dog was not on a leash at the time, and the chickens, on Morrissette’s property, were not in a cage.

Less than a month ago, Jim Lisofsky of Dunbarton donated his own Siberian Husky to Mack after reading about what had happened. Lisofsky said he no longer had the time to look after the dog, which he called “a friend.”

Days after he gave the dog away, Lisofsky said, he had told Mack’s mother the dog was prone to running away if not kept on a leash. “Just don’t let him loose,” he said he told her.

Police said neighbor Karen Pinkney called Thursday afternoon to tell them a “stray” dog was in her yard, alone.

Pinkney, who lives across from Morrissette and just down the road from the Macks, called police to say the dog had run out in the road and had been hit.

Mack, when reached at his home, hung up on a reporter. Lisofsky, who regretted not being able to see the dog one more time like he had hoped, said of Mack, “I guess he doesn’t have too much luck with dogs. Accidents do happen.”

Lisofsky said he wasn’t angry. “I’m kind of bummed out my dog’s dead,” he said. “I’m not upset that I gave him the dog.”

Morrissette said he filed a lawsuit Tuesday against Daniel Mack, D.J.’s father, in an effort to recover the cost of the four chickens, which he said totaled $200.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Poor doggies! that is soo sad. But people, come on! of course Huskies are gonna run. Hello that is what they are bred to do. They should've done some research before getting even the first husky.
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

WOW!! Nice to meet you too, DemGoddess.

You've got alot of nerve posting something like this period, much less as a newcomer.

elizabethann doesn't specifically name D.J. as the person at fault here at all. She is disgusted with his family and the fact that they are responsible for the careless deaths of many dogs.

Did you actually read what she said before you posted? I find it hard to believe that you did. Why you ask? Because you're both disgusted about the same thing. The family.

I personally find it pretty ridiculous myself that any family would have that many animals die in their care. Perhaps D.J. should move before getting another pet. And.....perhaps you should read more carefully before blasting one of our highly respected members again. If you ever come back, I would expect an apology from you.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

WOW!!! This Thread was made a year ago, and you just have to Jump in and start Using foul Language DemGoddess??? Pretty rude, I would say!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

This person sent me a private message.

And for your information, I work in the news industry and I know the whole story. So you don't have to send me a private message.

Maybe you can google something more productive.

Oh, and to tell me to watch what I say....I find that threatening. Should you send me anymore messages, I will contact the local police. From what I know, they're very familiar with your family.

Have a good night.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Familiar with my family?

Haha, police are NOT familiar with my family at all. And I'm sorry, but the news paper doesn't always know the whole story. I'm not part of the Mack family if you meant they're familiar with them. The reporters were not even told the whole story, so don't assume you know what happened is all. DJ was miserable, and I'm torqued that anyone made it seem like he was at fault is all. He's a wonderful person and the papers made it seem like he did something wrong. I didn't say anything wrong, either. My opinion, I didn't threaten you at all. So you really should relax.

Read the Private message I just sent you, and respond, please.

I'm sorry I swore, and I'm sorry if I offended the poster. But it's a sensitive thing, especially where the reporters were concerned. Many people would react similarly, and I only joined this site because of this thread. It doesn't matter if the poster is respected or not, either.

I'm sorry I expressed my opinion so aggresively, though.

Again, why even resurrect this thread that is almost a year old?