Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update On Lady And Puppies UPDATE 5/05/07 POST #26

Update On Lady And Puppies UPDATE 5/05/07 POST #26

First I want to apologize for not updating you guys sooner. I started a new job that requires me to work from 10 pm to 8 am. At first it was every night, now it is only 4 nights a week and I am getting used to the hours. So I am sorry for not posting this thread sooner.

The puppies are getting so BIG! They are now almost seven weeks old (on Friday they'll be 7 wks). They are eating puppy food now and drinking lots of water. They do not nurse as much so I have seperated Lady from them during the day, just to give her a break. All of the puppies but two have homes waiting for them. The applicants passed criminal background checks, reference checks, and house checks. I had some weird people call about these pups, but we narrowed it down to (we hope) the perfect families.

As for Lady....well no home yet. She is sick. We are not sure what is wrong with her. I have an appointment on Saturday for her to go to our vet. She is very mopey, walks very slow, barely eats or drinks, she is not gaining any weight (she is very thin), and her gums are pretty pale. The vet has nothing open until Saturday and I don't get paid til Friday. This just started the last week....right before I started seperating the pups. She is friendly, wags her tails, but just seems so sad and not feeling good. I hope it is nothing serious, as we were thinking of keeping her. She is such a good dog and so gentle. Please pray for her. I have started giving her raw and she likes the beef, not the chicken...but even that she barely eats. I have to hand feed her in order for her to eat. Her poop is soft, but not mush, and an orangish color. I will post after the vet on Saturday.

Well here are the pictures of the pups and Lady. Enjoy.

The pups first encounter with softened puppy food. These were taken about two weeks ago.

The two bigger males always seem to smell the food first! And lil' Rascal is quickly catching up in size....and appetiite (sorry I know I can't spell!!)

Slowly they all smell the food.

And it is all over with now.....happy puppies....big messes!

A couple of weeks later......

Look how big we are!!!

Please don't mind the mess..... these pups are something but hard to keep up with!

Bentley playing with the water.

Dolly looking so cute.

Bentley and Rascall watching Scruff in awe!!

Garth getting his full of water.

Cordova and Dolly (Dolly love used fabric softeners....she always seems to find them!)

Next post for pictures of Lady.....
    Last edited by Reachoutrescue; 05-05-2007 at 05:23 PM.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Hi PT friends....

I like the couch.

I REALLY like the couch!!

Wait.....I spot something....

It's Midnight!! Can I have your treat buddy??

Aren't I just beautiful? I hope I am not sick.... Please pray for me. Thank you friends...

That's all for now.....

www.rornfp.org

The puppies are adorable, but momma is BEAUTIFUL! Hope everything goes well.
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

oh my goodness! They are adorable and Lady is gorgeous!
    I hope nothing serious is wrong with her.. I will pray that she'll be okay.
    please keep us updated.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Omg, the pups are so stinking cute!! I love the brown and white ones forhead, all the wrinkles are adorable. Pit bull pups are so cute! The pups look happy, fat and sassy.

I'm so sorry that Lady isn't feeling well. She is a beautiful girl, she looks like such a sweetie. I pray she will be ok. You both will be in my thoughts and prayers. (((Hugs)))

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

Awwwwww!!!! They're sooooo cute......kisses to all of them and Lady!!

I hope Lady will feel better soon. She looks like such a love.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

The puppies are adorable! Lady is so pretty, I will pray she'll be ok.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Oooh, they're adorable. Poor Lady, I hope she's alright! Is she drinking and eating normally? I hope this is just a case of motherly anxiety

Awww, they are so precious!! I hope Lady is going to be okay. She will be in my thoughts.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Lady will be in our prayers, poor girl.

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! for the fabulous pictures! You are one special person! Yay that you're finding good homes for these precious babies!! Beautiful Lady will be in my prayers. It stinks that she's sick. Poor girl deserves a break already. Hugs and kisses to all!

I've been Boooo'd!

They really are all so sweet. Lady does look sad. I hope and pray she is alright.

Thank you for the update!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Prayers for you Lady, that the vet will find nothing serious wrong honey.
    You've done a wonderful job raising your puppies, now it's time for R&R and for you to feel better!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Thanks everybody for your nice thoughts and prayers.

Dave gave Lady two Vitamin C tablets last night at around 11pm and she loved them. I talked to Katie (kt_luvs_kitties) last night. She worked in a vet office for a while, so I asked what she thought. She said it may be just worms or could be heart worms. When I came home from work this morning, Lady was laying on my bed. I dewormed her about an hour ago with Pyrantel Pamoate that I had ordered from my vet's office. She took it well. I checked her gums and they looked a little pinker, which is good. She still is very depressed and not eating too much. She did drink water last night Dave said. I have an appointment for Saturday morning at 10:30 am CST. If she poops out worms....I will be so happy. I am going to get a H.W. test done on her and hopefully it will come back negative. I just pray she is okay. I know this is part of doing rescues, but it really stinks. I just hope I can save her and let her live a long happy life. I will keep you all posted.

www.rornfp.org

Oh look at the puppies, so playful and full of life! Yes, I can well imagine they are a handful to keep up with.

Lady< dear girl< we are all routing for you