We adopted a Rat Terrier from a rescue group almost 2 months ago. They said she was very friendly with kids and others. They had her about 3 months she was found on the side of the road staved and dieing. She is about 3 yrs. She has a lame leg due to a brake early on in her life that was never fixed. She gets around very well on it. She also has a divot out of the center of her right eye. We knew about this before we got her it’s what draw us to her. When we picked her up and brought her home she was the sweetest dog. She loves to be held and to just sit with us she never leaves the yard and stay right by us at all times. Then out of the blue a few weeks ago she started growling and trying to attack at my husband. He couldn’t even walk into a room without her going crazy. We were hoping with lots of love and patience she would stop. But this is not the case. Just last Sat. I walked in from being out side with her when she began to do the same to me, now I can’t go anywhere in my house that she is at without her being aggressive towards me. I have a 13yr old daughter, 11 yr old son and a 3 yr old daughter who she “still” adores. She sleeps with the 13 yr old every night and follows her around. She is such a sweet little dog. But when my daughter tries to get her to stop growling and attacking she bits at her and has bitten her, she has not broken skin, “Yet”.

Anyway I don’t know what to do. I am scared that she will turn on one of my children next and my husband and I don’t want a dog that is aggressive to us. She is also very aggressive to other people that come over and all other dogs. I don’t want to get rid of her but I don’t know what to do. We can’t afford a dog trainer or classes. Any advise would be much appreciated.